Bikes I want

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
bas? bike acquisition syndrome.

There are these bikes I want. I want them because I think there are characteristics that I'd like to experience often, and/or because I think some may be a good starter bike for Sherri too:

Ninja 250

FZ6

YZF 600 R

06 R6

R1

K1200S

There are a couple more, but I'd be more than happy with these to keep the FJR company.

I'm sick.

Hi, my name is Tim and I'm a Bikeaholic...

Went through the 12 step program when the FJR arrived. Had the GL1800, VFR800i, and the Road King in the stable. Got the Wing and the Viffer sold shortly after and the King followed suit several months later.

Sadly, the recovery process is beginning to veer off course...

On my short list:

Buell Ulysses

FZ1 or 6

Triumph 675

VFR

VStrom

Ducati Sport 1000

KLR650

Yeah, its a tough addiction to break. I sadly have tried, but cannot get over it. I think that in the end, its something I can live with, and I'm not afraid to say that I have incurable disease.

Right now I have only two bikes, my FJR and my CBR954. Even with a killer sport bike, and a badass sport touring bike, I still find myself craving something more. I've considered getting an SV650 and setting it up as a tack tool. I've also been considering getting a Ulysses as a fun little around town bike which can take me on those cool little fire roads I've seen around.

Alas other financial commitments have stopped me from buying another bike at the moment... but for the cost of a cup of coffee a day, you can help this poor soul who suffers from this incurable disease. Please find it in your heart to help out this poor soul. I accept paypal, checks, money orders, and of course cash. Again, please think of all of the fun I am missing out on. If you dont do it for me, do it for the children... :bye2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ninja 250FZ6

YZF 600 R

06 R6

R1

K1200S
Out of six "I want" bikes, five are inline-fours and three are 600cc inline-fours? You need to get out more.

My want list (a few I have):

FJR

KTM 950/990 or BMW R1200GS Adv

06 R6

Moto Guzzi Griso

Monster S4R

CB750K0

RC30

DRZ400S

69 Bonny

- Mark

Hi, my name is Tim and I'm a Bikeaholic...
HI TIM!

And let me say you are not alone, brother! Many a day goes by when I have impure thoughts about having an affair with the following:

1000cc VStrom

Aprilia TuonoR

Rocket III w/turbo

Kawi H2 -fully restored

and for fun with the kids, a Ural Patrol

That Turbojet bike Jay Leno has, and my old BSA Thunderbolt, exactly the way I found it in 1967.

I'm gonna ask Santa this year for a GL1800 and a Vulcan Nomad, that's my short wish list--doubt I'll get them though, unless Mrs Claus robs a bank. :lol:

That Turbojet bike Jay leno has, and my old BSA Thunderbolt, exactly the way I found it in 1967.
Of all the bikes I've had, the one I'd least want to have again is my '69 BSA Thunderbolt 650. I guess I just replaced too many zenor diodes after losing the lights at night, and even as a 20 year old youngster, the vibrations in the handlebars on a couple hundred mile trip would put my hands to sleep. For the time, I was happy with it, but its engineering weaknesses were the reason I fell in love with big Japanese inline 4s. No arguing against its uniqueness or handling for the day, though.

O-vale,what are you doing? :eek: You don't want to get Sherri her own bike.How are you guys going to get those great pictures without her riding photogragher?Your Ave of the Giants is a classic.I'm begging you man,please reconsider.It's awful cold here in Ohio without those photos.

As far as bikes;

Buel Ulyesses

BMW GS1200

Kawi zrx1200

Honda Transalp

Yami FZ1(mmmmm black and red good)

94 Honda cb1000

O-vale,what are you doing?  You don't want to get Sherri her own bike.How are you guys going to get those great pictures without her riding photogragher?Your Ave of the Giants is a classic.I'm begging you man,please reconsider.It's awful cold here in Ohio without those photos.
Last night Sherri told me not to bother shopping for a bike for her until she has taken MSF and gets all excited and comes and tells me that she HAS to have a bike. As she isn't even signed up for MSF I'm not sure if it will ever happen. The photographer is safe!

Out of six "I want" bikes, five are inline-fours and three are 600cc inline-fours? You need to get out more.
I've had a twin and a single. The SV650 was tempting until the new R6 came out. The FZ6 is for Sherri as is the YZF600R (She has to decide which one she wants and the 600R fairing is the only reason she might opt for that IF she ever decides she wants a bike. I could do with some kind of serious dual sport like the Adventure or a GS or something...I think I should add one like that to my list, but I cannot as I haven't selected what I want yet.

I don't really want a chopper. :rolleyes:

If I won the lottery tomarrow (I would have to play first) these babies could squeeze in to my garage! :D

fz1_red_3sized.jpg

and

te610_1.jpg

I don't need a stable of bikes. I bought the FJR because it was such a great compromise, while compromising so little. It's all I needed.

Now with baby on the way I know that the 11 hour rides will be put on hold for a bit (years?), and am selling the FJR. I need something to stir my emotions, something that vibrates at idle, with a highly tuned V-twin and monster torque. I've found it:

studio1_small.jpg

studio3_small.jpg

action6_small.jpg

I want this ...

FJR1300%20Blue.JPG

and this ...

1200gs_01.jpg

and this...

zx14-1.jpg

and this.

TRIUMPH_rocketIII.jpg

Wait a minute, I already got the first one... oh well, three more to go... :p

I'm a bit shocked that nobody here metioned the BMW K1200R 163bHP naked street fighter bike. Sure it's ugly, but some people actually like that Kawi :lol: :lol: