Bikes with Ergo Seat pix

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paisano

Reaction score
Anyone have pix handy of an '05 with the Yamaha ergo seat (or the Corbin with the silver welting) on it. I'm wondering how the seat/bike color combination looks. I prefer the black welting but got to wondering how the silver trimmed seat looks. I found a pic on Dale Walkers site but I'm hoping for more.

Since your bike is blue, I wouldn't go for the silver piping, but that's up to you!

Here's the 04 with the piping, but I couldn't find an 05 with it.

clicky

Are you changing your mind about the corbin close now that you rode with a regular one for a little?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since your bike is blue, I wouldn't go for the silver piping, but that's up to you!
Are you changing your mind about the corbin close now that you rode with a regular one for a little?
Can't make up my mind - I really liked the seat height of the "standard" Corbin, I really like the front-to-back position of the Corbin "close", I ***REALLY*** like the looks of the "front & rear" Corbin seat but it has the lower seat height (same as the "close"). I found an excellent deal on a standard Corbin but I'm unsure of the silver welting - I prefer black. Above all, I prefer the looks of the stock seat but haven't had a chance to ride a stocker yet. Basically, I'm just making myself nuts trying to figure out what I want..............

I found an excellent deal on a standard Corbin but I'm unsure of the silver welting - I prefer black. Above all, I prefer the looks of the stock seat but haven't had a chance to ride a stocker yet.
I've got the Corbin without the welt. They recommended it that way and IMHO it looks much better without it. Don't think you have that option though if you buy from Mama Yama.

I found an excellent deal on a standard Corbin but I'm unsure of the silver welting - I prefer black. Above all, I prefer the looks of the stock seat but haven't had a chance to ride a stocker yet.
I've got the Corbin without the welt. They recommended it that way and IMHO it looks much better without it. Don't think you have that option though if you buy from Mama Yama.
Exactly. I figured that's why I was seeing the better price. I initially said "No way" to the silver welt but then looked at the price and went "Hmmmmmm". Guess I need to learn to trust my gut instinct better.

You can borrow my stock seat if you want to see how you like it. Although purchasing a stock seat probably won't cost that much less than a corbin. Especially if you find a used one.

You can borrow my stock seat if you want to see how you like it. Although purchasing a stock seat probably won't cost that much less than a corbin. Especially if you find a used one.
Oooh........I just might just take you up on that offer.......Thanks!

Anyone have pix handy of an '05 with the Yamaha ergo seat (or the Corbin with the silver welting) on it. I'm wondering how the seat/bike color combination looks. I prefer the black welting but got to wondering how the silver trimmed seat looks. I found a pic on Dale Walkers site but I'm hoping for more.
I have the yamaha comfort seat made by corbin, it has the silver welting and looks ok to me. There is a picture in my Good Karma ride report.

I had the silver and liked the look.

DSC03317.jpg

DSC03316.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

I've got the same combo also.

I like it. The silver welting seems to go well

with the silver frame.

Good deal on the seat at ridenow.com

LarryG

Thoshe sthilver lininths look thspectacular........................

couldn't help it. Thowwy.

....I just got my set of Corbins for my 07 AE. I'd bet they are a unique color and pattern set-up. But I couldn't help myself when faced with the vast selection that Corbin offers. The seat panel is "Black Snake" the side panels are "Black carbon fiber", and Braided black welts., and I have the stock ones that are about to be archived,I would be happy to ship the stock seats to you If you'd like to buy the set for say 50 buck's + shipping. They are in perfect condition.

If you are interested in the stock seats just PM me. I hate to see 'em go to waste and collect dust if someone wants them.

P1010046.jpg

P1010043.jpg

P1010045.jpg

....I just got my set of Corbins for my 07 AE. I'd bet they are a unique color and pattern set-up. But I couldn't help myself when faced with the vast selection that Corbin offers. The seat panel is "Black Snake" the side panels are "Black carbon fiber", and Braided black welts., and I have the stock ones that are about to be archived,I would be happy to ship the stock seats to you If you'd like to buy the set for say 50 buck's + shipping. They are in perfect condition.
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT.

Thanks everyone for the pics & advice. I'm still uncertain about which seat I'll eventually end up with. The plan of the moment is to have a stock seat "refoamed" by Spencer's Motorcycle Seats (www.greatdaytoride.com) and see how that works out for me. That should give me the ride height I want plus the look I want & the comfort I need.

Mark