BikeVis LED Bullets installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poorredman

Reaction score
Haven't seen these mentioned on the forum, so I thought I'd post up my installation experience:

What: pair of BikeVis Bullet LED Running lights, saw originally in a webbikeworld review, ordered from the US vendor Whitehorse Gear.

Where: These lights really are small. My intentions were to add another attention-getter to the front of the bike in the most unobtrusive way, ie. I didn't want the big Hella lights hanging out front. The only challenge is that the wire from the light come out on the flat bottom, so in order to mount them, you need a hole in the mounting surface.

How: As I did not want to drill a hole in any of my plastic, the mounting options of a flat surface are limited on the FJR. So I decided to use the reflectors at the bottom of the fork as my surface. Just drilled a hole right through it with a nice sharp bit, didn't crack. Down lower than I would have liked, but far enough away from the headlight that they won't merge as a single light source from a distance. Plus, replacing the reflectors is a lot cheaper.

Wiring wise, I ended up routing the wire up the brake lines, up through the triple tree, then back down to the side-marker/turn signal lights. The middle lead on the signal harness is 12v always on. These lights supposedly only draw 30mA, so no need for anything fancy.

Results: Took maybe an hour to get them installed. Spent more time figuring out where to mount them. I'll try to get some street pics at night.

DSC00479.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always liked what Warchild did here Link

Have never gotten around to this one, but when I need to take off the front cowel, I mean to be prepared to add these LEDs.

Thanks again Dale!

For some reason the pictures in the ad look brighter than the install on your bike. Can you take more pictures and post them for us please?