Bill Mayer plus Bun Warmer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA1195

Reaction score
Howdy all...just got my Bill Mayer recovered saddles back and am very pleased with the product, and especially the quick service. Even got a group discount by asking. Was rebuilt with black supple leather at a minimum height for my 210# and stubby 29" fat German boy legs. I can almost flat foot now, as the saddle was built on request lower than stock and doesn't tip me forward into the tank. Need to post pics.

I also ordered his two-temp digital controlled heated seat option, produced by these folks (https://www.checkcorp.com/seat-heater/specialized_apps_motorcycle.asp). Not for everyone where temps are hot, but on cool days it's going to be nice and toasty where the Sun don't shine. Shavers beware of burns.

Might be an easy install option for some that need the heat. Just peel back the existing cover on the saddle, place the thin flexible pad on top of the foam (maybe glue?), drill a hole through the base below for wiring, add the small two-way switch by opening a rectangular hole through the left rear seat plastic edge and inserting through the cover, and re-staple the cover. It comes with a "smart" connection box for all the wires.

Now I need to find a fused switched wire to handle the 1.5A draw. Any suggestions please (taillight wire or ?). Will check the wiring diagram.

Won't know how it all performs until our ice and snow disappear in another month to six weeks. But sitting on the bike in the garage with the engine idling makes me glad I had the mods done.

Gary in Fairbanks

Last edited by a moderator: