Bill Mayer Saddle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjc625

Reaction score
I had the OEM Yamaha gel seats for last 6 months. It was a painful experience riding on it. The maximum distance with comfort was about 25 miles. The longest ride was about 150 miles on it. Of course, I couldn't stand at all after the ride. So I finally went to Rocky's place today and upgraded my seat with his foam system. It took 60 miles to his place from home. It was a torture. Coming back was awesome. The leather was still stiff, but the pain was almost gone. I continued my ride all the way to Orange County and return home in comfort. The total distance on the new seat was exactly 250 miles. I never felt this good. I also added a heated seat option. It works. Only thing bugged me was both right and left side was not completely equal. The left side was slightly short in length, but my behind is very happy. I am going to ride San Francisco ride if weather permits next month with wife. Rocky gets a big thump's up from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the OEM Yamaha gel seats for last 6 months. It was a painful experience riding on it. The maximum distance with comfort was about 25 miles. The longest ride was about 150 miles on it. Of course, I couldn't stand at all after the ride. So I finally went to Rocky's place today and upgraded my seat with his foam system. It took 60 miles to his place from home. It was a torture. Coming back was awesome. The leather was still stiff, but the pain was almost gone. I ended continue my ride to Orange County and return home in comfort. The total distance on the new seat was exactly 250 miles. I never felt this good. I also added a heated seat option. It works. Only thing bugged me was both right and left side was not completely equal. The left side was slightly short in length, but my behind is very happy. I am going to ride San Francisco ride if weather permits next month with wife. Rocky gets a big thump's up from me.
Jim, knowing what you've been through to screw up your back, I've gotta say that this is an excellent testimonial to BMS - glad it worked out for you!! The real test comes when you go for that first SS1K!! And the heated seat option sounds cool. Ahh.. warm. ..... ah..., oh heck, you know what I mean. :blink:

Any pictures?

I've got a Bill Mayer in leather also and am sorry that I didn't get it in vinyl instead. The leather seat is slippery to the point of being unsafe no matter what I apply to it to make it less so. I figured it might get better with age but no such luck. It seems to be even worse as the temperature drops. It sucks that I now have to have to either sell it or have it recovered just to eliminate the problem. The seat is great in every other respect.

I've got a Bill Mayer in leather also and am sorry that I didn't get it in vinyl instead. The leather seat is slippery to the point of being unsafe no matter what I apply to it to make it less so. I figured it might get better with age but no such luck. It seems to be even worse as the temperature drops. It sucks that I now have to have to either sell it or have it recovered just to eliminate the problem. The seat is great in every other respect.
Have you tried Lexol? I treat my saddle about once every other month and I find that Lexol provides a nice amount of 'stick'. Love my leather BMS.