Bionic Gloves, Love em & hate their customer service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lew

Reaction score
I have had a pair of Bionic gloves for 10 months. The gloves cannot be beat for fit and comfort.

However, a seam repped out between the wrist and palm.

Their customer service says they only warranty against manufacturing defects for 60 days.

Buyer Beware.

I have had a pair of Bionic gloves for 10 months. The gloves cannot be beat for fit and comfort.

Their customer service says they only warranty against manufacturing defects for 60 days.

Buyer Beware.
Is 60 days different from other glove MFRs?

Buyer Beware.
Is 60 days different from other glove MFRs?
My Held and Teknic gloves have a one year warranty. My electric TourMaster gloves have a three year warranty.

My electric TourMaster gloves have a three year warranty.
How would you rate your Tourmasters? I know the first batch of them nobody could definitively say if they actually got hot or not. I'm in the market for some as they are MILES cheaper than grip warmers. Love my Electric Liner (wore it today.. 220km @ 4C) but after reading some early reviews of the TM electric gloves - I'm hesitant to spend the money.

How would you rate your Tourmasters? I know the first batch of them nobody could definitively say if they actually got hot or not. I'm in the market for some as they are MILES cheaper than grip warmers. Love my Electric Liner (wore it today.. 220km @ 4C) but after reading some early reviews of the TM electric gloves - I'm hesitant to spend the money.
--hijack--

Picked up a pair on clearance. The jury is still out if they produce enough heat and are warm enough for me. Some days they seem to work fine, other days there seems to be no heat being produced. I am using them with the Tourmaster jacket. As it stands now, I'm going to contact Tourmaster and get a replacement pair to try again. If the new pair of gloves doesn't get any hotter than these...refund time and move to something else.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to review them on my blog fairly soon, as I've owned them for a season already and feel like I can comment on their long-term performance.

They won't get your hands hot, but they kept mine from feeling "cold."

Earlier production units had several quality control issues, including controllers that would overheat/shut off spontaneously. There were reports that the gloves provided uneven heat, sometimes sporadically. Tourmaster seems easy to deal with in exchanging them for a newer set.

I've had none of those problems and most of my complaints center around the wrist strap design and the cords.

I like mine, but so far I've only worn them in single-digit F conditions (~ -12C). It's pretty warm here up in Virginia.

It seems the first batch of TM gloves had some problems, corrected in later versions. I think I'm gonna start shopping around for a pair. Best price I've seen on them is $134.

I think my TM jacket liner rawks, the ONLY part of me that gets cold are my pinkies.