Bit the bullet - so to speak

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctfjr

Reaction score
My First Gear Jacket must be close to 10 years old now & is really starting to get ragged inside. After much ruminating & reading everything I could find on the various mc forums I decided to go Motoport. Just ordered it (ULTRA II AIR MESH KEVLAR JACKET) & with a couple small alterations it should ship in a day or two. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the Motoport came in as promised and looks really good. The stitching of the garmet looks like it will stand up well. I was surprised a little on how heavy it is compared to my First Gear jacket.

The bad news is the fit is too tight across the shoulders.

The good news:

I called & spoke to Wayne. Most accommodating. He said they would get a replacement out the next day with the alterations I had requested on the first one (reflective material on the back of the sleeves & velcro closures on the cuffs).

The bad news:

He called back the next day to tell me they don't have what I need in stock. It will be a custom made unit. Normally 5 weeks delivery but he would try to get me one in 1-1/2 to 2 weeks.

The good news:

I had originally wanted a Black / Gray jacket that they didn't have in stock so I went with the all black. I asked him that the replacement, since it will be a custom anyway, be black / gray. He indicated no problem.

The bad news now is waiting :( I already shipped back the first one. . .

I was surprised a little on how heavy it is compared to my First Gear jacket.

You'll adjust to the weight very quickly.

Did you order a liner?

yes I did - it doesn't look like the easiest, smoothest insert but I'll reserve judgement until I have it a while. I see myself using the waterproof portion all the time and the insulating one only for late fall, winter & early spring riding (I'll put it in in November & take it out in April).