Blinder M20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerseyEd

Reaction score
Blinder only comes with small LED and small buzzer. They do not make a product to go into my autocom. I only found one company that makes a louder buzzer,but I blast my music and can not hear any buzzer. Is it possible to get any sound from the Blinder electric signal going to the LED, or the buzzer? I need the override in the audocom to work alongside my Bel 65. On the way to Americade a trooper was locked onto me and the only way I knew was he finally hit the Bel unit trying to get a reading. I did drop ?? mph before he hit the ka instant. Too close, that was going to be an expensive ticket. :blink:

Blinder only comes with small LED and small buzzer. They do not make a product to go into my autocom. I only found one company that makes a louder buzzer,but I blast my music and can not hear any buzzer. Is it possible to get any sound from the Blinder electric signal going to the LED, or the buzzer? I need the override in the audocom to work alongside my Bel 65. On the way to Americade a trooper was locked onto me and the only way I knew was he finally hit the Bel unit trying to get a reading. I did drop ?? mph before he hit the ka instant. Too close, that was going to be an expensive ticket. :blink:
I tried to engineer this on my Hayabusa because I had the Valentine1 hidden on top of the ram air intake. It was a PIA and I was never able to do it, basically I was told you would have to use a relay, an LED relay because the drive from the Blinder is to small to trip a normal relay then that relay could trip whatever you thought would get your attention Prob. could drive some circuit to make audio to the autocom. But now that my V1 has a clear view on the dash of the FJR I really have no reason, because the V1 and Blinder sound simultaneously, This has been tested many times with a Pro Laser III. The only thing I could see a problem on is if I get "shot" from behind the rear Blinder jams and I keep on riding because I cannot hear the Blinder warning. But after shooting a laser, I know hitting a moving motorcycle can be tough so hopefully the cop would just think he missed me. Either way he would not get a reading.

jdeez1,thanks for the idea. If I match the power going to the bulb (LED)with a relay that is activated with the same power, maybe I can run 12 volts on one side and connect the power out side to some audio device? Not sure if the 12 volts will feed back thru the LED lead and damage blinder unit. If this can work I will just hook up a small radio or alarm with a earphone jack. Sorry if this a stupid idea, I don't know how relays work. Maybe someone on this site knows?