Blue Tooth adapters for Etymotic Earphones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
[This is a copy of my follow up to the post I made on my new Roady XT... Thought I'd bring the thread out front in case anyone was looking to get rid of the wire flopping around to their music source:]

I finally found a couple Bluetooth adapters that I would be able to use for my Etymotic in the ear headset. The second one is even compatible with cell phone headsets. Don't know much else about it, and haven't found any reviews yet, but I thought I'd throw this out there for your perusal:

Creative makes an audio unit:

Creative Wireless Audio Adapter
fe2.gif

It doesn't look like the Creative unit is available in the US, but I did find it on many European pages for about 66 Euros (about 80 bucks). It uses regular AAA batteries.

Another choice is the Free Style FS300

FS300.jpg

image3.jpg

Essentially you plug any 3.5 mm plug or your cell phone headset into it and it can pick up any open source Bluetooth signal. It has rechargeable batteries. You can clip it on and it looks to be just a bit larger than the MP3 player I already have. This thing is about 40 bucks.

Google is a wonderful thing. You just have to figure out the keywords. Then hope for a little luck.

Looks like the Freestyle is mono only. Need stereo. JB
From their website (the page I linked):

Free Style FS300 , a Bluetooth Stereo Headset, can synchronize with all of the open-standard Bluetooth cell phones for the call making and let you enjoy the music streaming with any Bluetooth-enabled PC, PDA or music player. With FS300, you can not only have the 48KHz 16bits CD-quality audio but also the wireless convenience at the same time. Moreover, FS300 supports headset and handsfree profiles, end users will not miss any phone call when listening your favorite songs.

...end users will not miss any phone call when listening your favorite songs.
Problem is, I do not think a microphone into this thing will be able to discriminate out noise properly.

Yeah, I was dreaming of doing this, too. Ended up with a working solution - Autocom.

-BD

No doubt Autocomm is great stuff!

I have no intention of using a cell phone while in motion. Intercom, maybe. Hopefully some of the noise cancellation is built into the mic and some of the parent hardware.

WRT stereo / cell phone mono...

What you want to look for is the supported Bluetooth profile.

Headset profile is for cellphones (two channel, full duplex mono), and A2D (Advanced Audio Distribution) profile (two channel, unidirectional stereo) is for stereo headphones.

Pick a unit that supports BOTH profiles. And IIRC, A2D is only in the 1.2 BT specification.

-BD

Last edited by a moderator: