Bluetooth headset

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knifemaker

Not me
Reaction score
Been thinking of getting one of those Cardo ScalaRider bluetooth headsets for my cell phone:

https://tinyurl.com/rlzk9

And then I was thinking, if my wife got one too for her phone, would there be any reason why we could not use them as a pilot to passenger intercom? (we are on a "family plan" with our cell phones, meaning we can talk free anytime)

Anyone familar with this stuff see why this would not work?

KM

I don't know why it wouldn't work. FJR&R and I were just talking about the same thing over the weekend. I've got unlimited minutes on the weekend, which is when we'd go on a trip anyway. I can keep the phone plugged in for the battery issue and I think I'm golden.

I looked at the dainese helmets that have bluetooth built in. Checked them out in person. Pretty decent. Nolan has the n102 with bluetooth in Europe, they may have brought it to the us by now.

Been thinking of getting one of those Cardo ScalaRider bluetooth headsets for my cell phone:https://tinyurl.com/rlzk9

And then I was thinking, if my wife got one too for her phone, would there be any reason why we could not use them as a pilot to passenger intercom? (we are on a "family plan" with our cell phones, meaning we can talk free anytime)

KM

Hey, Knifemaker.

I bought one of these this past spring. I haven't used it as an intercom, but I can tell you the sound quality is great. With a full-face helmet and cruising at highway speeds, I have no problem hearing and have never had a problem with the person on the other end hearing wind noise. In fact, they often don't believe that I'm on my bike driving at highway speeds because the sound quality is so good. The buttons are on the small side, which can be a little frustrating depending on what kind of gloves you wear, but overall, I would recommend it. As far as for use as an intercom, I don't see why not. Let us know how that works out.

Been thinking of getting one of those Cardo ScalaRider bluetooth headsets for my cell phone:

https://tinyurl.com/rlzk9

KM

Hey, Knifemaker.

I bought one of these this past spring. I haven't used it as an intercom, but I can tell you the sound quality is great. With a full-face helmet and cruising at highway speeds, I have no problem hearing and have never had a problem with the person on the other end hearing wind noise. In fact, they often don't believe that I'm on my bike driving at highway speeds because the sound quality is so good. The buttons are on the small side, which can be a little frustrating depending on what kind of gloves you wear, but overall, I would recommend it. As far as for use as an intercom, I don't see why not. Let us know how that works out.
+1 here I am happy with my Scalarider but have not tried the intercom route.