bluetooth mic for helmet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockyMtnWay

Reaction score
I've got a MixIt2, Zumo 550, Motorola Q etc. etc.

Audio outputs for the Zumo go into the mixit, then into my custom mold headphones via it's out.

So, via the Zumo, I can see calls coming in and can answer and hear, but no can talk.

Do they make bluetooth mic-only units I could embed into my helmet so it would send audio back to my Q? I did some searching and came up dry.

Thanks

I am unaware of a mic only.
I like the scala rider
Thanks, I'll take a look. However, it doesn't appear there is a good solution for those of us who already have custom mold earphones in. Weird - I can't be the only one with this situation.

Well if anyone out there comes across a solution, can you give me a yodel into the can? Thanks! I'll do some more seaching too.

You could always replace the in the hemet speakers with your ear molded ones by solering on the connections. Its easy to do. I upgraded my speakers in about 15 min.

You could always replace the in the hemet speakers with your ear molded ones by solering on the connections. Its easy to do. I upgraded my speakers in about 15 min.
I currently don't have in-helmet speakers, and don't want to mess with my helmet, and I am no friends whatsoever with a soddering iron or screwdriver. My girlfriend will confirm this (it gets me out of a lot of fix-it kind of jobs around the house!).

I'd also like to be able to have a mic attached to one of my iPods so I could dictate voice notes while on the road. But that's Yet Another Cable Job. :)