Bluetooth Unit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klunkshift

Reaction score
I got a SCOSCHE BT1 200 unit installed in my FJR and it plays nicely with the Starcom and with a MixIT2 - this is of course a shameless call for the MixIt2 that I have for sale in the classified part of the forum. I have mine connected to a Starcom Advance.

The unit has a remote - not waterproof - that you may place in an accessible place for operation during riding. I installed the unit itself in the tool tray under the seat.

The BT1200 has stereo music bluetooth profile - it sounds fantastic - and it supports all the handsfree phone protocols.

I connected the car amp output by building a 3.5 mm adapter to the cabling of the BT1200. You may also use the Starcom microphone by connecting the Starcom phone output to the mike input in the BT1200, or, if you purchase my MixIT2, - sorry for the commercial - by using the supplied BT1200 mike.

Link to the BT1200 manual follows https://www.neocaraudio.com/pdf/BVO3VS.pdf

The best part, the BT1200 can be purchased for about $30 delivered to your door from the internet since it is in closeout.

The BT1200 is a far better solution, IMHO, than the available bluetooth units available for Starcom and other bike audio integration gadgets.

This installation will require some soldering skills to build cables etc. I also used a ground loop insulator to connect the BT1200 to the Starcom or MixIT2 to insulate electronic noise from the other stuff that I have in the bike.

I considered one of these. I have one of the LiquidAUX modules with the battery remote that works pretty well and it was cheap. But going through the remote batteries kind of sucks and they don't make the LiquidAUX anymore.

I'd like to find a way to make the remote water resistant. Currently I take it out when I wash the bike. But if I can make it survive that, then I can hardwire the 3V to it instead of a battery.

I would like to see photos of your installation. It may still be a route I end up going to. Would be especially nice if I could get the mic output from my J&M.

I considered one of these. I have one of the LiquidAUX modules with the battery remote that works pretty well and it was cheap. But going through the remote batteries kind of sucks and they don't make the LiquidAUX anymore.
I'd like to find a way to make the remote water resistant. Currently I take it out when I wash the bike. But if I can make it survive that, then I can hardwire the 3V to it instead of a battery.

I would like to see photos of your installation. It may still be a route I end up going to. Would be especially nice if I could get the mic output from my J&M.
To connect this to your J&M - not familiar with these - you will have to get the pinout for the cell phone input in the J&M so that you may connect the mic output of the J&M to the input of the BT1200. Really the only other cable you will have to improvise is to connect the amp output of the BT1200 - see BT1200 manual - to the J&M stereo input.

Latest posts