BMW hand grip installation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jer

Reaction score
I receive my G2 in the mail today, so I went to my local BMW dealer and purchase a couple of BMW grips, $8.79 each. When I got home I read the instructions for installing the G2 and decided to install the grip.

I first looked at the illustrations for installing the G2 and they show a gap between the throttle cam and the grip. I assume the other end of the grip is installed to the end of the tube. I then read. "Warchild's FJR1300 Hand Grip Farkle." If the grip is installed to the end of the tube, then the gap on the tube between the grip and the cam is wider, but I cannot visualize how moving every outboard gets rid of this gap on the tube. I guess what I am asking is what is the orientation for the grip on the G2 tube before installation. Sorry, I am so dense. Maybe when I pulled the old tube off it would be more obvious to me, but if someone could give me an answer before I start it would be appreciated.

Jer

I've been reading and rereading your post and I'm not sure what you are saying. I don't know why you would install the grip on the G2 before installing the G2. I'm going to answer what I think you are asking, and if I'm off, either ignore me or clarify.

First step in installing the G2 (because you have new grips to install) is to remove the original throttle tube (with the original grip still on if you want). Then install the G2, sans BMW grip. When you have the throttle cam casing reattached, put on the plastic washer over the G2 throttle tube, then install the new grip. Push the grip up the throttle tube until it almost touches the washer, or barely touches it. This will give you the clearance necessary for the grip not to rub on the throttle cam casing.

Is this the answer to your question??