Bone-conducation speakers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcfjr

Reaction score
This article describes a new way to listen to music on your motorcycle:

Software developer Nippon MMI Technology Inc. has developed a bone-conduction speaker that can be fitted into a motorcycle helmet for safe enjoyment of music while driving....

The bone-conduction speaker can also function as a microphone, so attaching a phone or transceiver allows the driver to talk with the passenger when two are riding the bike.
motorcycle_helmet.jpg

Finally, being a bone-head is an advantage! Bone-heads of the world unite! Or, at least communicate! :D

I first ran into this technology in a military application about 10 years ago. The sound quality was amazing even for back then. This might have potential. The beauty is, no outside interfenence via wind noise, etc. between the sound source and the "speakers". You could completely plug your ears (not that you would want to) and still hear the sound clearly. It's a bit unnerving the first time you experience it.

Anybody remember the Bone Fone personal music system they were selling about 20-30 years ago? :p

You wore it over your shoulders like a yoke and it resonated music off of your upper bones to increase the auditory experience.

(I guess I am dating myself a bit, eh?)

Anybody remember the Bone Fone personal music system they were selling about 20-30 years ago?  :p You wore it over your shoulders like a yoke and it resonated music off of your upper bones to increase the auditory experience.

Even worse.....I HAD one way back then! Thought it sucked, actually. ;)

Pioneer made it.

Anybody remember the Bone Fone personal music system they were selling about 20-30 years ago? :p You wore it over your shoulders like a yoke and it resonated music off of your upper bones to increase the auditory experience.

Yes I do remember the Bone fone. I think it was sold by Radio Shack, but I don't think they stuck around long...vanished pretty quickly as I recall.