Boots and pants questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caryt

Reaction score
As my tennies are not the best thing to be wearing I have been boot shoping. I tried a ton of them friday going to at least 6 different stores to see what felt right and have decided on the Tour Masters Solution Waterproof Road Boots or their Response SC Road Boot. I have tried on the Solution and except for the right one being a little loose they were great. I haven't found anywhere to try the Responce boot, I think I would perfer the laceup better but?? Anyone use either of these...opinions welcome!

Pants, What makes Areo Stich so much more expensive..2-3x, than Tour Masters ect. It seems to me that if anything their material is less able to protect in a road encounter...or am I :rolleyes:

Thanks, Cary

Have found that Alpine Star boots are the best for my liking they are comfortable and 100 percent waterproof - laceless boots are best for motorcycle riding as you don't want a lace to come undone and tangle around a peg - PBraido

I'm wearing Joe Rocket Orbit boots...they seem a little more suited for "off the bike" once I arrive at my destination. Orbit boots at NewEnough

I'm also wearing Joe Rocket pants (Ballistic 5.0) because they're available in tall sizes. They're not for summer use though, I assure you. I went riding last night just after sunset for an hour and was very warm in these things. No ventilation to speak of. Good water resistance and very comfy.

Have found that Alpine Star boots are the best for my liking they are comfortable and 100 percent waterproof - laceless boots are best for motorcycle riding as you don't want a lace to come undone and tangle around a peg - PBraido

The Response SC Road Boot. have laces but they are covered.

Tried the Joe rockets but they didn't fit my foot as nice as the Tourmasters. i will check out their pants...if I can find some.

cary

At one time or the other, I tried every well known boot product out there. Nothing has satisfied me as well as the Oxtar Matrix boot I now wear. Zip up, waterproof, well armored, and so comfortable I can even hike in them. Covers all the bases.....superior product.

At one time or the other, I tried every well known boot product out there. Nothing has satisfied me as well as the Oxtar Matrix boot I now wear. Zip up, waterproof, well armored, and so comfortable I can even hike in them. Covers all the bases.....superior product.

Nice boots, I tried them also.

cary

not familiar with Oxtar, but I've had a pair of Sidi Sympatex Road for many years (over 5), and fit good, and have proven themselves waterPROOF. I've riden 9 hours in a downpour -- no leaks.

for pants -- i re-inforce jeans on the inside with leather from leatherfactory.com for commuting.

not familiar with Oxtar, but I've had a pair of Sidi Sympatex Road for many years (over 5), and fit good, and have proven themselves waterPROOF. I've riden 9 hours in a downpour -- no leaks.
for pants -- i re-inforce jeans on the inside with leather from leatherfactory.com for commuting.

+1 on the Sidis

I have also had these boots and they are A1 very comfortable +1 for Oxtar PBraido