Boots with higher heels

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardingtr

Reaction score
WE all know peeps how it is when you are vertically challenged and ride an FJR. I'm 5'8" and a hair and lowered the bike 7/8" but a little more vertical aid is a plus.

Now I'm looking at boots. What riding boots do you wear? Brand? I wear the Icon brand 1 1/4" heels and thought there should be a thicker soles maybe 1 1/2" or maybe 2 in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and be careful out there.

WE all know peeps how it is when you are vertically challenged and ride an FJR. I'm 5'8" and a hair and lowered the bike 7/8" but a little more vertical aid is a plus.Now I'm looking at boots. What riding boots do you wear? Brand? I wear the Icon brand 1 1/4" heels and thought there should be a thicker soles maybe 1 1/2" or maybe 2 in.

Any suggestions?

I see your post title says heels, but the body of your post says soles. I would Not think thick soles will help for shifting at all. Your shifter would have to be mounted almost vertical.

I have just regular harness boots I use for commuting to work, has about 2 inch heels.

6900-660847-p.jpg

I use Alpinestars SMX boots for pleasure riding, no real heels there though.

1010110.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
FJRBluesman, I was wondering how you find the sizing on the SMX boots, they don't seem to list/have a size 10 US, which is my boot size. Do they tend to run bigger or smaller?

I didnt read the title slow enough. I thought it said "Boobs" with higher heels. I was intrigued so I clicked! But it was just boots.... oh well....

Daytona M Star boots. Nice height addition without looking like you're in Kiss. Pricey, but quality made German boots that are waterproof, comfortable, breathable yet warm in cold weather and comfortable in hot weather.

WE all know peeps how it is when you are vertically challenged and ride an FJR. I'm 5'8" and a hair and lowered the bike 7/8" but a little more vertical aid is a plus.Now I'm looking at boots. What riding boots do you wear? Brand? I wear the Icon brand 1 1/4" heels and thought there should be a thicker soles maybe 1 1/2" or maybe 2 in.

Any suggestions?

Chippewa 'Firefighter' boots. Not a huge heel but pretty much the best damn pair of boots I've ever purchased. $150-$200, but worth every penny for a do-it-all boot.

https://workingperson.com/products/22_359_2...Boot_27422.html

I'm 5'9", 31" or so inseam. My first impression was that this bike is a little tall for me, since I came from a tiny 250 Ninja about the size of my bicycle. I'm used to it now, though. Can't splay my legs way out wide at a stop like the last bike. I'm fine, though, if I put my feet straight down, just in front of the pegs. Not much weight on my heels, but it still feels stable.

My only height challenge now is pushing the bike backward out of a parking space. That's a real challenge for me....

FJRBluesman, I was wondering how you find the sizing on the SMX boots, they don't seem to list/have a size 10 US, which is my boot size. Do they tend to run bigger or smaller?
JamesK - Alpinestars boots vary, they are European so they aren't quite like our sizes. European shoe sizes have no half sizes so this can get tricky. I wear a solid 10½ shoe/boot. Years ago I had an old pair of Alpinestars size 44 that were too tight. I bought some real nice Alpinestars Supertech boots in 45, they were too big. I bought these SMX boots in a 45, they fit like a glove, go figure. You really need to try them on to see how they fit. The Supertech's in a 44 were also too tight for me.
The Alpinestars website should have a fitment chart for sizes.