Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
After reading several reports submitted by a variety of members, I have to say, Old Michael sure did pick a winner. He mentioned the boots that he wears are made by Chippewa and called Rally Motorcycle Boot. Chippewa are 100% made in America. After reading what OM had written, I looked up the nearest place to my home where I could check these boots out and try them on. The nearest place to me was in Kingman, AZ at a Bootbarn store. Except even though they sell Chippewa boots, they did not have any of these in stock, especially in a size 13. So I called them and they told me they could order a pair in from another store at no obligation to me. It took them two weeks to get them in, so I rode out there today to check what they were all about.

First off, I want to say the quality is unsurpassed. I have a pair of TCX Infinity Gore-Tex Touring Boots that retail for double what the Chippewa sell for. Now I like my TCX boots, but they are really tall and they do not fit quite as good as the Chippewa's. The leather on the Chippewa Rally is really thick, yet very soft and supple. Reminds me of the leather on my Fox Creek riding jacket. The fit (for me anyway) is right on and true to size. The soles are Vibram®, which are about the best you can buy. Now they are leather and not Gore-Tex, so they are not water proof, but I believe OM had mentioned, applying an occasional leather conditioner or saddle soap application will keep the leather in great shape.

Glad you found a set of boots that will work for you Big-D. I've been using Obenaufs LP on my Red Wings and other leather items for some time. It conditions the leather well and does provide a bit of waterproofing too.

--G

Last edited by a moderator: