Borrego Springs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there. I dont care where we go or how long just so we get to ride.
Glad you can join us. :yahoo:

Now if could get Fairlaner to chim in.

Or maybe some of the upcoming NAFO riders to join in too.

Like todd34, MrFJR, Gary D or Cherokee Kid :unsure:

I can build the route into MapSource, transfer to Google Earth and send it out for everyone. I could also email the Map files out to those that have Garmin onboard, sorry Rayban, fricking thieves, I know. I do need some clarification on the route. We meet at Starbucks, go 15 south and take the Pomerado Road exit then get on Highland Valley road, correct? Let me know, I am off tomorrow, so have some time to work on it.

I can build the route into MapSource, transfer to Google Earth and send it out for everyone. I could also email the Map files out to those that have Garmin onboard, sorry Rayban, fricking thieves, I know. I do need some clarification on the route. We meet at Starbucks, go 15 south and take the Pomerado Road exit then get on Highland Valley road, correct? Let me know, I am off tomorrow, so have some time to work on it.

I will upload a half ass map of the route now. No laughing, I am no artist that shit is hard using a mouse. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, for those of you with Garmin devices, I have drawn up the route using waypoints. I saved it in .gdb, .gpx, and .mps formats and if you want it, pm me with your email address and I will send it to you in the format requested. I will also be dumping to Google Maps once I can get Google Earth to do this. I will then print up enough with turn instructions for the ride. I added a final stop at Mom's for anyone wanting to grab a slice of pie before heading home. :yahoo: See you all at 0830.

Thanks LLFJR Pilot for doing this! And thanks to Dave for keeping this going!

See ya'll tomorrow at 0830.

Guys it is going to be very hot. It was 108 in El Cajon today ambient temp on the FJR... 106 Poway...

Be careful lots of breaks and hydrate...

It's going to be bloody HOT! I have a cool vest and I'll bring my camelback, but it's still going to be... hot.

I am thinking of cutting the trip short and leaving after Julian, lunch may be optional for me, depending upon temp. The second loop is right out. I still have to ride back to OC (about 80 miles), and I'd like to do it when it's under 100º. I'll be taking the coast home on the way back, hopefully it'll be cooler there.

See all y'all at 08:30. I'll be riding in with Jordylad and another rider, should be there on time.

It's going to be bloody HOT! I have a cool vest and I'll bring my camelback, but it's still going to be... hot.
I am thinking of cutting the trip short and leaving after Julian, lunch may be optional for me, depending upon temp. The second loop is right out. I still have to ride back to OC (about 80 miles), and I'd like to do it when it's under 100º. I'll be taking the coast home on the way back, hopefully it'll be cooler there.

See all y'all at 08:30. I'll be riding in with Jordylad and another rider, should be there on time.
My buddy had to drop out, his bike's in the shop (unreliable Kawi, shoulda bought a Yami).

So just you and me Bluesman.

See you bright and early at 7ish at the 76 as we planned.

Then Escondido at 8:30ish.

I'm out boys,,, I could handle 41 in the rain in Idylwild, but 105 (at least) is just too bloody hot. Maybe a coastal ride soon. I'll be keeping a look out for other rides though and will join you on a later one. Hydrate - hydrate - hydrate

Rode home today in 106F; exposure time 1.5 hours. Take care guys, hydrate... no biggie, just please stay on top of your game. If feeling light headed, let the pack go and find a Denny' s or whatever.. Ride your own ride.

BTW - I LOVE hot weather rides. Separates the men from the boyz. Stay tuned for my Death Valley August ride! :glare: :unsure:

Rode home today in 106F; exposure time 1.5 hours. Take care guys, hydrate... no biggie, just please stay on top of your game. If feeling light headed, let the pack go and find a Denny' s or whatever.. Ride your own ride.
BTW - I LOVE hot weather rides. Separates the men from the boyz. Stay tuned for my Death Valley August ride! :glare: :unsure:
First let me say Carver you are an ass, or is that arse not sure :rolleyes: Also can i bring the wing to DV with you in August Don??????

OK Peg i am here but will not be there Tomorrow as i have a Galaxy game with the Penguins tomorrow evening and an Audi in the shop that need picking up in the morning.

So who out of this motley crew is actually going to golden in a few weeks?

Richard

P.S Don will you be at the Bar in Golden? If so when will you be there?

Moved to Ride Report: Julian 6-21-08, formerly Borrego Springs / SoCal San Diego Ride