Bosch platinum spark plugs anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stagecoach

Reaction score
I know, I know, it's only Monday and I'm about to get the dogpile...

I tried to search for Bosch Platinum 4303 spark plugs, but didn't turn up much. Anyone know anything about these twin-spark dealies? Are they compatible, any good, should I take them back?

Okay, ready, hit me...

Thanks in advance :)

Okay, ready, hit me...
I've heard they (Bosch) are better than Champions. Bosches will quit working in the driveway (so you can easily replace them with either NGKs or Densos) -- whereas, Champions don't quit working until you are down the road a few miles. :blink: :)

You're welcome. :unsure:

A lot of the guys here have gone to the Iridiums or have stayed with the original (for replacement). Not much talk about the Boschs' here (but a second electrode doesn't get you anything extra). And from several auto forums I frequent, have heard not too much good for the Boschs. Why don't you go ahead and pop them in (and give us a report on what you find); I'm guessing they'll do okay and you won't notice much difference.

I have been using the single electrode Bosch platinums in my cars and trucks for years. Never had a problem with them. I expect that they'll work just fine in the FJR, but I haven't tried them.