Bought one

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morry

Reaction score
Well I took the plunge, Bought a 08AE with the list of accessories below. Thanks to this web site I think I have setup my new toy perfectly!! Can't wait to pick it up!! Thanks to Kris at Power Yamaha for his help!!

1. Heli Triple Clamp

2. Yamaha Trunk

3. PIAA 100's

4. 115db Horn

5. Hyper lites Brake lights

6. Headlight modulator

7. Nolan Helmets w/bluetooth

8. Garmin 550

:clapping: Welcome to the forum! :clapping:

Resistance was futile! You have been successfully assimilated. And I see you are already infected with the incurable "farkle-itis" virus. B)

Congrats Morry!!!

butttttt...............where's the sliders..............hmmmmmmmmm??

1. Yes!!!!! Seriously, get sliders. Don't wait.

2. Where you located?

3. What type of bikes have you had before the FJR?

4. Please get us pics ASAP. I really want to see the new color! :clapping:

Morry,

Congrats on the new ride and the farkles! Good choices. I agree with the others and recommend the sliders (a good "insurance" policy per se).

Enjoy the forum, it is a gold mine of information. Great folks here.

And, yes, please post photos of your ride.

Rex

06 AE Owner...and, love it.

Nice choice of bike with a nice starter set of farkles

Not quite sure if the 115 horn is enoung but the rest sounds perfect.

Now you just have to decide if the seat and windshields are the right ones.. (did they change either of them from last year?)

Then you get to go with the little farkles like 90 degree valve stems.. tank protectors.. licens plate holders.. valve stem caps.. etx..

Not sure if the new bikes have outlets to plug in cold weather gear or other electrical equip..

Sumtimes i think the older bikes with more farkles completed are the lucky ones

And because im a really nice guy and have an older machine with pleanty of farkles i would be willing to trade you straight up... I will even come to you for the swap... IM just that kind of guy

Good luck with the bike

Congratulations on the new bike. An "AE" model also. I think you are the first one I have heard of on this forum with an 08 model "AE." This is the exact same bike I am considering. I really liked the AE when I test rode it just trying to decide if it's the one I want. Good luck and as others have posted post pics or no one will believe you really own one :yahoo:

Morry congratulations on a fine bike purchased and you will never be the same again. Let us know how it goes when you get it home and as mentioned send those pics!! PM. <>< :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator: