Brake Pads Noise

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudygarrido

Reaction score
Hi

I have a new 2007 FJR, now with 1500 kms. I noted some noise in the front tower when I ride over irregular surfaces. The tower itísnt: was revised 2 x; also all the front plastic covers were revised. No problem with the rotors also.

But I noted that both brakepads have a little movementat at the bottom and that causes the noise. Of course, when I ride and I brake a little this noise get out. It is nortmal?

I had an 2005FJR but it had another brake system.

Thanks a lot. Saludos

Rudy

Santiago de Chile

[email protected]

Some noise is common and yes, the pads will move slightly in their holders. Check to make sure that the stainless steel shims are still on the back of the pads. Sometimes, when replacing pads, people forget to reinstall or replace the shims...

I have the same bike with the same irritating issue. As I stated in a previous post my bike rattles like my 26 year old pickup truck with the tailgate hanging down when I go over any road imperfections, doesn't take much of a bump. It will be brought to the dealers attention when it goes in this fall. I don't have high hopes for a fix.

I have the same bike with the same irritating issue. As I stated in a previous post my bike rattles like my 26 year old pickup truck with the tailgate hanging down when I go over any road imperfections, doesn't take much of a bump. It will be brought to the dealers attention when it goes in this fall. I don't have high hopes for a fix.

Sell the fuckin' piece of shit, then. :rolleyes:

I have the same bike with the same irritating issue. whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, I don't have high hopes for a fix.

Sell the fuckin' piece of shit, then. :rolleyes:

gunny!!!!

Did you get any useful information Rudy or were the majority of the replies made from smartass punks that have nothing better to do then **** with people in this forum?

Did you get any useful information Rudy or were the majority of the replies made from smartass punks that have nothing better to do then **** with people in this forum?
Yet he ignores post #2 as it's real, actual good advice. Check in with the forum after you try #2 before start attacking folks. :angry2: