Brake Resevoirs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgapro78

Reaction score
I know this might sound stupid but are bothe front/rear resevoir on the steering column. Also is there a air bleeding system that anyone would recommend?

There's a rear reservoir too under the plastic by your right boot...at least on the Gen 1s.

The handlebar reservoirs are front brake on the right side and clutch on the left side.

I know this might sound stupid but are bothe front/rear resevoir on the steering column. Also is there a air bleeding system that anyone would recommend?
You're lucky it's not friday bud.

Iggy you need to go on sabbatical and let Warchild handle the noobs for a while.

As Iggy said, there are three reservoirs, one on the right handlebar, one near your right foot, and one on the left handlebar for the clutch (unless you have one of those silly AEs :eek: ).

I think the linked brakes on the newer FJRs can confuse the matter. I don't have one to look at so I can't say exactly how they are linked but I believe that the rear brake reservoir does feed brake fluid to one part of the front brakes. Does the front brake lever also activate some part of the rear brakes? Sounds like a lot of brake lines running all over the place.

You think you have problems ? I can't find the steering column-does it look like the one in my truck?

I think the linked brakes on the newer FJRs can confuse the matter. I don't have one to look at so I can't say exactly how they are linked but I believe that the rear brake reservoir does feed brake fluid to one part of the front brakes. Does the front brake lever also activate some part of the rear brakes? Sounds like a lot of brake lines running all over the place.
The back brake is linked to the lower piston on the front right caliper. Front brakes are not linked to rear so that us hooligans can do wicked burnouts! :devil:

The back brake is linked to the lower piston on the front right caliper. Front brakes are not linked to rear so that us hooligans can do wicked burnouts! :devil:
Ah, that makes it a little simpler than I thought. Thanks.