• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Brand New 09 AE offered on E-Bay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Toro

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
I thought that the remaining leftover 2009 FJR13AEs had worked through the system, but here is one at a dealer in Macedon, NY.

It is a no reserve auction and the opening bid request is $9,999.

The bike comes with full warranty from Yamaha according to the auction. This could turn out to be a good deal, depending on how the bidding goes.

I am not affiliated with the dealership offering the bike, nor do I know anyone associated with the auction. I'm only sharing the link for those who might be searching for a new AE. I bought one of these leftover 2009 bikes at the first of February this year, and I have been very pleased with mine so far.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-YAMAHA-FJR-1300-ELECTRIC-SHIFT-/160807355714?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2570dd8542

I thought that the remaining leftover 2009 FJR13AEs had worked through the system, but here is one at a dealer in Macedon, NY.

It is a no reserve auction and the opening bid request is $9,999.

The bike comes with full warranty from Yamaha according to the auction. This could turn out to be a good deal, depending on how the bidding goes.

I am not affiliated with the dealership offering the bike, nor do I know anyone associated with the auction. I'm only sharing the link for those who might be searching for a new AE. I bought one of these leftover 2009 bikes at the first of February this year, and I have been very pleased with mine so far.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-YAMAHA-FJR-1300-ELECTRIC-SHIFT-/160807355714?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2570dd8542
Back in April I found two new 09 autos at a dealer in Snohomish, Wa for $9,999. I think they are still out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple months ago I was in the local dealer and noticed that they STILL have the same AE sitting there and STILL have the sticker price at $16k+. Go figure.

A couple months ago I was in the local dealer and noticed that they STILL have the same AE sitting there and STILL have the sticker price at $16k+. Go figure.

There's a few dealers who have the same idea. I guess they'll be laughing at us in twenty-five years when the bikes are eligible for collector plates and the museum bidding wars begin... At least I think that's their strategy. :(

Back in April I found two new 09 autos at a dealer in Snohomish, Wa for $9,999. I think they are still out there.
I think the only way to sell the AEs is to put them on ebay and get a national audience. Sitting around in the showroom is what they have historically done very well. It takes a special buyer to buy one.

Gerald at D&H has one of the '06s for himself. When I had an '06, we commiserated on the value of the AE feature. Both of us needed it for the same basic reason (left foot issues from time to time).

When I wanted to buy a new one this past January since my foot issues had resurfaced, I called Gerald. He said that Yamaha had just finished blowing them out to dealers and cleared out the warehouse. He said I'd missed ordering one from him by about 2 weeks. He said he might be able to get one, but it would be by studying dealer inventories and then trying to make a decent deal with a dealer that would either trade it to him for something else, or a dealer from whom he could buy it outright for sale to me.

In any event, instead of following up with this offer, I started searching myself, and I found one that I thought was priced fairly in Tulsa, so I bought it and took the trailer over there to pick it up.

The dealership, Action Powersports, did an excellent job on the set up, and the bike has performed flawlessly through its first several thousand miles.

Yamaha made several subtle improvements between the '06 and '09 model years. The throttle on the '09 is much less stiff for example.

The auction referenced in my original post will close tomorrow. It looks like the price will be similar to what I paid in Tulsa ... perhaps a bit less. Can't tell until any end sniping takes place.

FWIW, the seller appears to be located just east of Rochester, NY.

I purchased my new 08 AE in March for $8500 + TTL. Great bike. Was more than happy to get a substantial discount for the AE model. Had a few hundred "demo" miles on it, and came with the full new factory warranty.

I bought my 2008AE from Action Powersports in Tulsa also. Flew out, rode it home to Austin. A very painless transaction.

I strongly suggest that anyone buying one of these 'auction bikes' first call Yamaha Customer Service with the VIN to verify the warranty. They verified that my bike would have a 'mechanical warranty' that was the same as the standard warranty except that it did not cover cosmetic issues. They also verified that it would be eligible for YES.

I was told by both Yamaha & D&H that not all these types of bikes will have a warranty, and of those that do, not all would be YES eligible.

The auction closed at $10,399.

I checked around in the "Greater Snohomish Metropolitan area," and there are some new '09 AEs, but the best advertised price I could find was $12,299. They may do better in person. Lots of '09 AEs offered around the country in the $11,499 range.

You've got to stumble into these super deals, like the leftover '08 mentioned above. I've thought about picking up a second one, like Skooter G, to put away for the future ... but I'm not going to.

Regarding the warranty stuff, I think that's a red herring. I listened to Gerald's discourse on this issue, but everyone else who is offering one of these auction bikes that hasn't been salvaged is anxious to sell you the Y.E.S. plan when you buy the bike.

If the bike's been auctioned after salvage, for whatever reason (fork lift drop, smoke or flood damage to crate, dealer gone out of business and bike sold by non-Yamaha agent, etc.), then there's not going to be any warranty. But if the bike's been sold by Yamaha to an authorized dealer without any clearly identified damage, Yamaha's pretty likely going to stand by it.

Of course it is better to check than to wonder. Gerald will generally be happy to check for you over the phone. He is very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
But if the bike's been sold by Yamaha to an authorized dealer without any clearly identified damage, Yamaha's pretty likely going to stand by it.
All of eBay's motorcycle listing have a mandatory field for warranty status. A wise buyer would ensure they had a screen shot of the information there in addition to other sensible precautions when actually taking delivery.

Unless the seller went out of business, the purchaser would be in a strong position to seek remedy through consumer protection agencies or the courts.

I think that dealers who don't have any of these bikes are responsible for a certain amount of misinformation intended to steer purchasers toward whatever they do have for sale. I have had several Canadian motorcycle dealers try to tell me their list prices are so much higher because, "the US models don't include the saddlebags." I've heard this from both Yamaha and Kawasaki licensed dealers. For those guys, at least, the truth is no barrier to trying to make a sale.

This was sold by my dealer (Filers Motorsports) and they had 2 at the time of my purchase so this was the other one still crated. They purchased both from Yamaha auction. This dealer has a '10 liquid Silver on the floor for display so these never got displayed or even uncrated. Mine was flawless, no jerky starts that other AEers have reported. It does "clunk" in gear a bit louder than my other bikes did however? ..maybe b/c it's quieter too so I notice this more.

Anyway, totally happy with this dealer.

I paid $11K total (+tax only). So that buyer got a hair better deal (as long as the paperwork, regi, title & prep were part of the deal :)