• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Brand New Alternator Cover and Gasket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a brand new alternator / stator cover p/n 3P6-15411-00-00 and the required gasket p/n 5JW-15451-11-00 for a second gen FJR.

I bought this set several years ago to replace my scratched up alternator cover (had a couple of oopsies) on my '05. I believe, even though the part numbers in the parts fiche are different, that the 2nd gen cover will also work on 1st gens, but cannot guarantee that, so figure on this being 2nd gen specific.

In any case, I never got around to installing it and its new owner (my son) doesn't really mind the scuff marks, figuring that as soon as we eliminated them he'll be the next dropper.

List price on these parts is $151.99 and $16.99. Best online prices (Boats.net / Partzilla) are $95.97 and $11.44 ($107.41). How about $75 even (plus actual shipping to you) and you can get rid of the evidence of your being in the drop club.

I can take pictures, but they are brand new OEM parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to resist!!!!!!!!!

If I buy it you know you have to install it for me in your garage while I drink your beer and flirt with your wife.

Trying to resist!!!!!!!!!
If I buy it you know you have to install it for me in your garage while I drink your beer and flirt with your wife.

Haha... I'll take that chance. It only took you what? 8 or 9 years to make it out here the first time!

tonguesmiley.gif

Well....with 192K & counting I don't think it would make mine any dearer to my heart...I DID consider it for an instant and then thought "wonder how much gas that would buy ?" (about 1200 miles worth at SC prices...)

Somebody on farcebook was looking for one. Lemme check.

Posted on flakebook

Last edited by a moderator: