Bright lites

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
Just purchased the HID low only on the self buy ( yea Warchild ) and will need lites for high beam.

I will most likely use the top gun brackets.

I dont want the cheapest just the best and brightest.

Hella FF200. They rock mostly because of their giant reflectors. 5 1/2" rounds with freeform reflectors squeeze out every possible lumen.

See My FF200 HID Install FYI, Use the stock bracket holes. I didn't need to drill holes after all.

About $650 to $700 range retail....unless you get lucky like I did and score one off eBay.

PIAA makes a similar set, but even more expensive and maybe a 1/2" bigger. Peter Hoogeveen runs them.

Hella FF200 Xenon Driving Lamps.

Very spendy. Better then the PHIDs by far.

If I were buying aux lamps today, these would be the ones. Wish I had a set of these lamps on my FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
PIAA makes a similar set, but even more expensive and maybe a 1/2" bigger.
PIAA 600 series H.I.D. (?) are 5-1/8 dia. They are very spendy, too much coin for 2 wheels than I'm prepared to drop and I have never seen them lit up. The FF200's OTOH, in action are a force to be reckoned with. :super1:

Ignacio, I can tell from the above post and web site that your sick & tired of them. I am more than willing to take them off your hands for what you paid. :D

One HID driving light, that is getting good reviews, are the Hella Micro DE Xenon (driving lights - not the fog lights). Nice beam pattern, typical price for a ground-up HID lamp, and in a package that would mount on the high-and-wide brackets that are the choice of most endurance riders. FJR Goodies is one place that makes a high-and-wide type bracket.

hella_micro_de_xenon_light_kit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With a couple of those lights,you'd not only see the deer on the side of the road.....

you'd probably fry 'em in their tracks!! B)

Problem solved, eh? :D

Just need to know where to buy that lite. It looks like it will pivot so I will see every f@ckin deer out there.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Just need to know where to buy that lite. It looks like it will pivot so I will see every f@ckin deer out there.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Just do a search for "Nightsun". :p

Don't forget the trailer and generator to power it! :D

You might want to check out the Motolight set up for your bike. I have a set of brushed stainless with mounts that place them low, right on the brake caliper mounts. Real bright and not to expensive $300.00. though the supplied switch is cheap and you will have to find new bolts to mount 'em still not a bad light.

:jester:

I suspect the avantages of mounting "high and wide" vs "low and narrow" have been done endlessly elsewhere. The details can be discussed if people really want to. The bottom line is what you want to accomplish with your additional lights.

1. If you want to reach out, down the road to inprove your ability to see others, then high and wide is the way to go.

2. If you want to impove the ability of others to see you, then low and narrow is the way to go.

Anyone know if the leads on the Hella Micro DE Xenon are long enough to do the install on the FJR?

Well I just did it, bought the top gun bracket and ordered FF200 Xenon's to go with the Low beam hid conversion.

Mabey I will just take alll this new stuff and the bike and drop it off at the Warchild Household He has plenty of practice with this stuff, or I guess I could read the tech articles and get it done before spring.