Broad Footpegs for 04 FJR Suggestions?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightshift

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion where I can find some driver footpegs that will fit a 2004 FJR non-ABS model bike. Also if they have lowering adapters. I am 5'7" and weigh 175 lbs. The problem is the stock footpegs are too narrow and actually damages the bottom of my feet where high psi is created at points of contact. This is occurring even when wearing workboots bought in Texas. I want a footpeg that will increase the point of contact surface area so the psi distribution will be over a larger surface area and consequently resulting in less pressure on the sole of my foot.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mick in Florida

Does anyone have a suggestion where I can find some driver footpegs that will fit a 2004 FJR non-ABS model bike. Also if they have lowering adapters. I am 5'7" and weigh 175 lbs. The problem is the stock footpegs are too narrow and actually damages the bottom of my feet where high psi is created at points of contact. This is occurring even when wearing workboots bought in Texas. I want a footpeg that will increase the point of contact surface area so the psi distribution will be over a larger surface area and consequently resulting in less pressure on the sole of my foot. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mick in Florida
?????

Are you standing while you ride? How many PSI could you possibly be generating with your feet simply resting on the pegs?

I know, doesn't address your question, but I'm amazed that the longer I spend time on this forum, I read of problems that never existed for the 7 years this bike has been around suddenly pop up. :p

The problem is the stock footpegs are too narrow and actually damages the bottom of my feet where high psi is created at points of contact. This is occurring even when wearing workboots bought in Texas.
Life must be hell for you if you had to use a shovel with these work boots . The PSI generated would be enough to make diamonds!

I'm with Howie on this one. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this would be an issue. Edit: Strike that. I see where you asked the same question in 2006.

Or maybe work boots in Texas are called moccasins in other states? :huh: Maybe try a Redwing store and get a set of their stiffest steel toe boots possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a suggestion where I can find some driver footpegs that will fit a 2004 FJR non-ABS model bike. Also if they have lowering adapters. I am 5'7" and weigh 175 lbs. The problem is the stock footpegs are too narrow and actually damages the bottom of my feet where high psi is created at points of contact. This is occurring even when wearing workboots bought in Texas. I want a footpeg that will increase the point of contact surface area so the psi distribution will be over a larger surface area and consequently resulting in less pressure on the sole of my foot. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mick in Florida
If your feet are getting pressure sores from simply resting on the foot pegs, with work boots on, maybe you have diabetes? You might want to see a doctor.

I used a set of pegs off a Connie 1000, moves the peg ahead about 2 inches and has a wider footrest. Works good for me, I was getting knee cramps with my feet in the stock position.

007-1.jpg

I extended the shift lever approx 2 " to get clearance for my boot.

If your feet are getting pressure sores from simply resting on the foot pegs, with work boots on, maybe you have diabetes? You might want to see a doctor.
Oooh. I didn't think about that angle. Or Gout!
I in fact did develop gout last week as a result of the injury from the footpeg . I didn't want to bring that up because I felt it would be too much information and people would lose track of what I was asking. Someone brought up I had this same request in 2006. Plantar fascitis was the issue. So I have been to a doctor and the common denominator is the bike footpegs. Diabetes doesn't run in my family and labs are normal.

I realize if I rode less aggressively on takeoffs I would not be pressing down so much with my feet,but having a flatter footpeg would mitigate the issue.

Mick

I in fact did develop gout last week as a result of the injury from the footpeg .
I've got gout too (after I went to the doctor thinking I broke my foot using a shovel actually) and thought the condition was principally dietary. I reduced the purines and haven't had an attack since.

but having a flatter footpeg would mitigate the issue.
That rubber pad that is screwed to the peg is rounded....how about grinding it down to a more flat surface at whatever angle would best compliment your foot?

I'd think that the same idea used for the aluminum passenger floorboards could be revised to use in the front. Bearly Flyings got a good solution, also.

It seems to me nightshift has a legit medical condition that warrants a little help and less derision.
It seems to me dustyrains has a forum condition that warrants a little help reading #6 and less judgment. ;)

Nighshift is getting help. :)

I'm with Howie on this one.
I pull up the forum while eating my lunch, and I learn the sky is falling...
It seems to me nightshift has a legit medical condition that warrants a little help and less derision.
Unless I'm reading it wrong, nightshift first implied that the peg was causing the issue, not aggravating a pre-existing condition. And while originally that may have been the case, from the original post, it was hard to accept that the peg is causing the issue.

The peg is 3.5 inches long, 1 inch wide. So, if my math is right, that's 3.5 square inches. Nightshift states his weight at 175 pounds. That's 87.5 pounds per peg...divided by 3.5 square inches, that's only 25psi at the total contact point if he's standing UP! That ain't much, hence my skepticism.

However, when he came back and explained he suffered from Plantar Fasciitis, the equation changes. My wife suffers from Plantar Fasciitis and the minuscule weight of a bed sheet across her feet is painful, so I can understand his discomfort.

Plus, I read FIVE replies with help and suggestions, and the reply you quoted was Patriot's reaction to Ignacio agreeing with me saying I'd never seen this as an issue mentioned before, although Iggy DID find a 4 year old post from the OP addressing the same issue. You have NO idea how Iggy's credibility has suffered as an Admin, as a forum member, even as a human being, by agreeing with me on anything! THAT is what your quoted reply is referring to, NOT to nightshift's foot pain problem.

So, where's the derision? Methinks you are overreacting.

edited to add: I see Iggy beat me to it. Just proof he can say in one sentence what it takes me five paragraphs to get out. :p

I'm with Howie on this one.
I pull up the forum while eating my lunch, and I learn the sky is falling...
Unless I'm reading it wrong, nightshift first implied that the peg was causing the issue, not aggravating a pre-existing condition. And while originally that may have been the case, from the original post, it was hard to accept that the peg is causing the issue.

The peg is 3.5 inches long, 1 inch wide. So, if my math is right, that's 3.5 square inches. Nightshift states his weight at 175 pounds. That's 87.5 pounds per peg...divided by 3.5 square inches, that's only 25psi at the total contact point if he's standing UP! That ain't much, hence my skepticism.

However, when he came back and explained he suffered from Plantar Fasciitis, the equation changes. My wife suffers from Plantar Fasciitis and the minuscule weight of a bed sheet across her feet is painful, so I can understand his discomfort.

Plus, I read FIVE replies with help and suggestions, and the reply you quoted was Patriot's reaction to Ignacio agreeing with me saying I'd never seen this as an issue mentioned before, although Iggy DID find a 4 year old post from the OP addressing the same issue. You have NO idea how Iggy's credibility has suffered as an Admin, as a forum member, even as a human being, by agreeing with me on anything! THAT is what your quoted reply is referring to, NOT to nightshift's foot pain problem.

So, where's the derision? Methinks you are overreacting.

edited to add: I see Iggy beat me to it. Just proof he can say in one sentence what it takes me five paragraphs to get out. :p
Just my perception I guess. I could be wrong. :unsure: