Building up a Emergency repair Kit need some help?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldBoy123

Reaction score
Ok first off Yes I did do a search for info.

What I seem to not find is info on;Elec-Fuse size.

I did find in my search info on the Main 50amp fuse from NAPA p/n 782-1232 OR 782-2030.

But I would like to get some spare Fuses for the other things on the bike.

Have no idea what Fuse size to get at Wallie World or Autoparts store?

I gess I could tear the pannels off just to find out the Fuse size and value?

But that would be a real pain in the.

So will someone help me with info?

Im just putting together a emergency kit to take with me.

Ok first off Yes I did do a search for info.What I seem to not find is info on;Elec-Fuse size.

I did find in my search info on the Main 50amp fuse from NAPA p/n 782-1232 OR 782-2030.

Don't know about your's but my '07 has one spare fuse of each size all ready in the fuse block.

Ok first off Yes I did do a search for info.What I seem to not find is info on;Elec-Fuse size.

Don't know about your's but my '07 has one spare fuse of each size all ready in the fuse block.
I purchase my 04FJR used so I don't realy know if I already have some spare;like you.

Just think it would be good idea to carry more in a kit? Just need info to purchase some?

Good luck ... I tried getting the same info under the name of - what tools to carry on long trips - but from all the answers,It seems to me no one has done it,the way we're looking for .... they go on to say allens/cresents etc.,but don't have a list made,example 4,6,9 allens;6 T allen;6mm socket long etc.....and there are sites like Iron Butt that will itemize what to take,but that isn't FJR pacific either.....Since I don't have a fjr at this point to use as a reference(which,while I am waitting to get a 09,I thought I'd use my down time to get fjr things together,so when I get the bike I could ride instead of doing all the details that comes with each different bike.

I DON'T MEAN TO SAY YOU GOOD PEOPLE AREN'T TRYING TO HELP.

I just don't think anyone has done this,on this site....I have found such info on the,bmw rt site,and the vfr site,but they are their model pacific,for their bikes.(DOES ANYONE READ CHALLENGE IN THIS).

It'll be a while,but I'll put one together after I get my bike if no one does it first.......

EVER WONDER WHY I'M CALLED "Monk"

[Only seen Fuse info to that 50amp main fuse in the fjr form you listed?Im looking for info on the other fuses? Since I allready know a NAPA replacement p/n for the main fuse.
Oldboy,

I overlooked that you were looking for Fuses. The reason the Main fuse is mentioned, it is Unique to the others. Here is a

list of Fuses in the 04 FJR:

9 5JJ-82151-00-00 >> FUSE (7.5A-BL)

10 5JJ-82151-30-00 >> FUSE (10A-BL)

11 5JJ-82151-10-00 >> FUSE (15A-BL)

12 5JJ-82151-70-00 >> FUSE (25A-BL)

13 5JW-82151-10-00 >> FUSE (50A)

14 5JJ-82151-80-00 >> FUSE (2A-BL)

36Y-82151-00-00 >> FUSE (15 AMP)

1AE-82151-00-00 >> FUSE (30 AMP, BLAD

Some other things that I take:

Allen wrench multi tool with various sizes

Slime air compressor

Sticky string tire repair thingies

small vice grips

various fuses

spare ignition switch for Honda atv (mine has failed twice) :dribble:

Tie wraps

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchase my 04FJR used so I don't realy know if I already have some spare;like you.
Old dude,

The place to learn these things may be in the comfort of your garage, driveway, carport, or whatever.

If you think working on your bike is a pain in the ass under those conditions, you're not up to the task of emergency roadside repair.

Emergency roadside repair requires even more effort than using a spell checker on your PC.

Old dude,

The place to learn these things may be in the comfort of your garage, driveway, carport, or whatever.

If you think working on your bike is a pain in the ass under those conditions, you're not up to the task of emergency roadside repair.

Emergency roadside repair requires even more effort than using a spell checker on your PC.
First off im not Old dude. Try spelling right? "OldBoy123".

As for my spelling? It is more of a typing problem. Due to my work injury Right arm. Presently on Workers Comp.

And why in the HELL would I tear my motorcycle apart just to find out the fuse size? Its easy to just ask?

Unless you run into Ass-Holes on this form. Hmm hint look in mirror.

The rest of my fellow FJR Members; Thank You for your help.

You never know when you'll need more than a fuse :unsure:

https://micapeak.com/checklists/toolkit.html

Old dude,

First off im not Old dude. Try spelling right? "OldBoy123".

As for my spelling? It is more of a typing problem. Due to my work injury Right arm. Presently on Workers Comp.

And why in the HELL would I tear my motorcycle apart just to find out the fuse size? Its easy to just ask?

The rest of my fellow FJR Members; Thank You for your help.
Is it friday already???

:jerry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cell phone and Visa are the best tools. I never leave home without em :unsure:

That makes up my "emergency" kit too...but I also carry one of these:

2430806800086768460S425x425Q85.jpg

Never know how long you might have to wait for that help....

KM

As for my spelling? It is more of a typing problem. Due to my work injury Right arm.
Spell check can be done with a few mouse clicks.

Presently on Workers Comp.
Worker's comp sounds like you have some free time on your hands. Why not at least see how the panels come off the bike? What else have you got to do?

Its easy to just ask?
Yup that would be consistent with what I'm saying

At least I don't see a lazy asshole in the mirror.

Joe2Lmaker.

Thank You so much you are so helpfull on this FJR web form.

How about posting info about the original topic?

Ya cell & money.

As for the REDBREAST. I can't mix my Med's with that.

My right arm is F-up. So it would be very painfull to work on my FJR.

Hmm thought some would have understood that after all im taking Med's for it?

Anyway im sure the many other post will help out many others people looking for info like I was.

Thanks again.