Bungee Buddy Locaion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those of you that have put bungee buddies on their side cases, where did you put them? Was the double wall on the cases a problem? Thanks,
Tim
Hum, it appears no one has experience installing bungee buddies?
Nope. I considered them but went with some galvanized eye bolts above and to either side of the license plate in the black plastic. I sprayed them satin black and I'm happy. I have a place to securely strap on the tail bag at the back AND the eye bolts make a great place to run a cable through to lock the tail bag onto the bike. Just made the cable today and ran it through the underneath "pocket" of the tail bag so the cable comes out each side along side the built in bungees in the nelson-rigg cl 150 bag. I continue the cable ends on down behind the license plate but in front of the plastic so it doesn't interfere with the tire.

I like the look of the bungee buddies but only needed one tie down point on each side in the back.

I think others will respond to your post. My guess is that FD or Sunday riding has them occupied at the moment.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Those of you that have put bungee buddies on their side cases, where did you put them? Was the double wall on the cases a problem? Thanks,
Tim
I installed them on my 07. I mounted one about 7 inches forward of the handle & one about 4 1/2 inches behind the handle.

I drilled the hole through both layers of the bag and then used a hole saw drill bit to inlarge the inside layer so I could use a socket to tighten the nut. The reason you have to do it this way is because the bolt on the Bungee Buddie is not long enough to go thruogh both layers.

Use lock tight if you do install them.

I have had no trouble with mine in over 30,000 miles.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might send a PM to Hycle. They've been in at CFR but should be getting home. I know they have them and use them to tie camping gear on top of the side cases. He should be able to post or send a picture.