Bungie Buddies?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a few of those on my last FJR--one of the few things I could salvage off it when I left it in a pile in Montana. And I liked them--pretty handy and secure. But then I discovered Rok Straps (Many Google hits, but this was a good pic). SOOOO much better than bungie cords, I'll never use regular bungies again. Bungie cords are damn DANGEROUS. There are discussions about that here in the forum (here, for one, or here), but the problem is they can snap back on you in the nastiest way--as described in gory detail by my eye surgeon.

Rok straps are super easy to connect and disconnect, adjustable, reasonably priced. I leave mine on all the time; just draw them up to take out the slack, crossed over the back seat. Always ready to fasten down a big box of whatever.

My four Bungie Buddies are still sitting in a box with other spare m/c parts. Sorry, kind of a hijack, but only kind of.

whaat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I (Should say my wife) made our own custom straps for less than $7.00. Got the two sets buckles and eight feet of one inch nylon webbing at a fabric store. One could find the same material at Wally World for less but they don't have the selection. I used double adjustable buckles that can be adjusted down to the seat. Made the loops at the end large enough to feed through itself and around the grab rail. I lined the loops with a mirco fabric to reduce damage to the paint. After getting the materials it took about 30 minutes to make. I keep them rolled up under my seat for storage and would go back to bungie cords for holding items on the back seat.

I have used Bungie Buddies on several previous motorcycles and have never had a problem with them leaking or coming lose. I have half a dozen 12" loops that I double around parts of the exposed rear framework of the FJR so I have not installed them, so far. The loops can be used with Bungie cords or adjustable straps, your choice.

OBD