CA 127 Death Valley Junction to Baker, CA 04/11/10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slab Pig

Reaction score
Ride: 11-Apr-2010 AM

Gas Available: Shoshone

Keywords: CA127, Baker, Shoshone

Direction: South

Construction: None

Posted Speed: 65

Smokeys Seen: zero

Flora: Low basin & range desert across & between vast alluvial fans

Fauna Encounters: 0

Road Condition: Good two-laner. Mostly straight with tighter sweepers popping up now and then along the way. Passing opportunities everywhere. This is a lonely road.

Cars Passing Same Direction: None

Cars Passed Same Direction: a couple

Cars Passed Opposite Direction: very low drip

Interesting Stop:

I didn't know the history of The Amargosa Opera House, in DVJ, until I googled it after my return home. What a trip! I want to plan another ride to stay there and see Marta perform...before the final curtain, as it were.

DSC03470.jpg

The Crowbar restaurant, in Shoshone, serves a decent burger and home made fries. Breakfast ends at 11am.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ HEY - I've been there back when the earth was young, and I think that was the name of the mime performer then.

Wonderful show and met her husband. Fab murals decorate the theatre, she did herself.

And stayed in the hotel in the center part of the building - old over stuffed chairs & lobby

seemed like right out of Steinbeck / Hemingway novel. In those days there was a cafe in the opposite end of the U-shaped building.

This is/was a one building town, if others are wondering ...

Last edited by a moderator: