Cal-Sci screen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

Reaction score
Just thought I would report on my Cal-Sci tall screen

It turned up yesterday ,cost $185 + $41 postage to Australia ,no extra import charge ect

Thats US $ not sure what the AU cost will be ,will have to see the credit card bill ,but it will be good value

It fitted straight on the bike no problems , it sure is a tall screen , I first thought it might be to tall but after a 300+ K ride today I am more than happy with it

You look through it when it right up ,even with the seat in its high position ,but you can drop it to look over it and its just as quite ,and I reckon there will be enough air flow for me when is down on a hot day.

I did notice that there is a lot more back pressure than the stock screen ,but that dosent bother me .

so far Im happy

Regard Jacko

Thanks for the report jacko. Glad to hear its working for you and diddos to all in the great down under. PM. <>< :good:

Hi,

Ordered mine yesterday after all of the great reports - they had to cut down a medium for me - but Mark was very helpful. Will let you know.

Diane

I got an extra tall for my 6'4" frame and have experienced less back pressure than the OEM screen on my 06. Same was true for my 05 comparing the CalSci screen to the OEM screen.

G'day Jacko,

Glad to hear you're happy with the new screen.

We're in the middle of a couple of 40 Deg C days over here in S.A. and so far it's not been too hot behind the new screen.

It's not too great when stuck at the lights in the city and the fans kick in but out of the 60 zone no worries at all.

SMURFF

Sounds good Jacko, did it take long for it to arrive in OZ, I am thinking of getting the taller screen to save me ducking my head down behind the screen. I am only 5' 9' and the standard one is not quite enough to block out hitting the helmet.

I also love my stock height cal sci. I'm 6' even.

Your comments remind me of why impressions of helmets, windshields, and bikes in general are all so subjective. I found the back pressure from the cal sci to much LESS than the OEM '06 shield.

I just put the medium CalSci on yesterday & it seems to be a major improvement. Going for a few hundred mile ride in the morning & will give it a good testing.

Sounds good Jacko, did it take long for it to arrive in OZ, I am thinking of getting the taller screen to save me ducking my head down behind the screen. I am only 5' 9' and the standard one is not quite enough to block out hitting the helmet.
G'Day Steve

The screen took 9 days to arrive but that was over the xmas ,boxiing day period so I reckon that wasnt to bad.

It worked out at $295 of our dollars including postage.,got the visa bill Friday

.The tall screen is plenty tall enough , I think if I was doing it again I might go for the medium screen

I am 6ft tall and even with the seat in the high position it doesnt need to be right up

I see you are in Melbourne Steve ,I live near Drouin about 90 k east of Melb , if you would like to have a look at my bike ,send me a pm and we might be able to work something out

catch ya

Regards Jacko

Ron Jackson