cal trans is gonna pay !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj bill

Reaction score
aug 1 heading out for the gathering of the clans,heading up 5 were myself,richard,trent,steve and boz when we were guided into 1 lane because of lane repair.

it was more like lane r and r with the big cement thingy puttin down new cement.

heres the deal,as we slowed to go thru the zone all of the sudden my visor was sprayed with some kind of crap,thick and kinda oily.we all got off and after further cleaning that day at the hotel,there were little white fucking spots all over my and i assume the other guys in my group

hence filing a claim against cal trans.got the form,gonna go get 2 estimates as required

dont get mad,get even

I speak excellent ambivalese, and can interpret. He means all over the front of his bike, and CalTrans is the California DOT.

Haven't had concrete flecks on any motorcycle of mine yet, but I've had the misfortune of driving behind someone on a freshly-tarred road.

You wrote, "all over my," and I wondering, all over my what? And what is a cal trans?

Just curious

Gary

darksider #44

Seems like the stuff would probably just wash off, but maybe not. Back in the early 1980s I once had a bike that got over-sprayed with white paint when a nearby building exterior was being painted. I complained to the painter, he told me to take the bike to a detail shop, which I did, on his dime. $65 later and there was no trace of paint. No biggy.

Seems like the stuff would probably just wash off, but maybe not. Back in the early 1980s I once had a bike that got over-sprayed with white paint when a nearby building exterior was being painted. I complained to the painter, he told me to take the bike to a detail shop, which I did, on his dime. $65 later and there was no trace of paint. No biggy.
I had a similar experience in a fairly new Toyota truck. I drove under a bridge that was being worked on and got overspray all over the truck. My wipers smeared it on the windshield. I stopped and spoke to a state tropper who didn't seem to give a shit about it. I got the name of the company and had no luck getting anything from them as they ended up going bankrupt. My insurance covered it less my deductable, of course.

aug 1 heading out for the gathering of the clans,heading up 5 were myself,richard,trent,steve and boz when we were guided into 1 lane because of lane repair.

it was more like lane r and r with the big cement thingy puttin down new cement.

heres the deal,as we slowed to go thru the zone all of the sudden my visor was sprayed with some kind of crap,thick and kinda oily.we all got off and after further cleaning that day at the hotel,there were little white fucking spots all over my and i assume the other guys in my group

hence filing a claim against cal trans.got the form,gonna go get 2 estimates as required

dont get mad,get even
The white crap that got sprayed over you and your mates is probably concrete curing compound - one of the required steps in the construction of, you guessed, Portland Cement Concrete Pavements PPCP, the white pavements that you see around.

The compound is very resistant to washing since it is supposed to seal the surface of the PCCP and control evaporation during early hours of pouring. Had bad experience with this getting on my clothes and other stuff.

I wish you luck in getting money from a near bankrupt state. The state is stealing money from its OHV funds right now.

I wish you luck in getting money from a near bankrupt state.
For those that haven't played our home game on politics in a while...that's kind of stuff that we don't abide. That stuff gets otherwise valid threads closed as they go off the rails and/or gets posters time-outs if continued. We lost somebody last week that wouldn't play nice and got abusive about it.

So, please stick to OP, unknown substance removal, and even education on abbreviations is OK. But general politics and veiled comments about government policy that aren't really FJR related....take it elsewhere. ;)

Thanks.

The Management

Last edited by a moderator:

dont get mad,get even
The white crap that got sprayed over you and your mates is probably concrete curing compound - one of the required steps in the construction of, you guessed, Portland Cement Concrete Pavements PPCP, the white pavements that you see around.

The compound is very resistant to washing since it is supposed to seal the surface of the PCCP and control evaporation during early hours of pouring. Had bad experience with this getting on my clothes and other stuff.

thanks,now i at least know what happened,sorry iggy,not trying to politasize the forum

Last edited by a moderator: