California Sport Touring?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gypsy

667 - Neighbour of the Beast
Reaction score
Ok so this is a little late since I placed an order with them yesterday but I still wanted to ask if people have dealt with them and had good experiences? I didn't do my homework and only noticed there was a re-stocking fee for returned merchandise after I sent the order. Generally I hate this re-stocking crap. If a supplier is going to sell thing online there is always a chance that it might get returned. Simply a cost of doing business.

https://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc

I don't expect to have to return anything but just wanted to know if anyone had dealt with them?

Thanks

gypsy

All I can say is PRAY they don't **** up your order. Worst fuckin place I have ever had to deal with. I posted a rather long-winded rant of the shit I had to deal with over a period of 6 months from these people on the old EZBoard. I looked but could not find the posting. In short, here's how it went

:rant:

- Ordered Product

- 1 Month later no product, Called to find out why. 2 items are backordered so they were holding the whole order. )No email notification or phone call to let me know in the mean time)

- Fine, ask to cancel back ordered items and ship what they have.

- Another month later, no product. Called to find out why. They never altered the order and were still waiting for the back ordered items. Leaving on trip soon so I cancel the order and buy the absolutely needed stuff locally.

- Another month later. Finally receive an email (see they do have email, just chose not to use it). They made an oops (big surprise!) The back ordered items came in and they shipped the whole order anyways. Offered to allow me to return it but since I was in Canada I would still be out of pocket for duty taxes when I accepted the package. So I grudingly decide to accept.

- 2 weeks later package arrives. I've been charged for everything but they forgot to ship one of the items. Call them back, they said they would ship out the missing item.

Now a year later, it never arrived and I dont expect it to. And I have no intention of calling them back at this point since they would probably find some other way to screw up yet again. I just cut my losses and stopped dealing with them.

To borrow a phrase...... This place sucks MOIST ASS CHEESE!!!!!

:angry:

My open recomendation to anyone who cares to listen. [SIZE=14pt]NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

- Colin

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my $0.02 to add to Colin's rant:

I ordered something from them and did get it at the outside edge of what I would call the acceptable amount of time. However, I didn't get any order info from them and they didn't respond to my email until well after I got the box in the mail.

My impression is that this is a place that was probably a good mom & pop local shop that expanded into Intenet sales and is just overwhelmed trying to keep up with the result being that a lot of folks think that they suck moist ass cheese.

Colin is dead on: If they screw up your order, you're hosed.

Again, just my opinion YMMV.

Cheers,

Jim

I ordered a headlight modulator from them recently. Didn't ship when it was supposed to, when I followed up, I got an email saying it was on back order and would ship "this week", end of that week, still nothing, another email, same answer. Finally shipped 3+weeks late, but no emails or contacts from them telling me that they missed my promissed ship date, etc. They're prices are typically pretty good (although certainly not the best you can find), but their customer service absolutely sucks.

You know, I've ordered from them 3 times and never had a lick of problems. You guys either have bad karma, or I've just been lucky. Maybe I should have played the lottery when I placed my orders!

This subject comes up often. Guess they are pretty far from 100% on service.

I have ordered from them a couple of times, The first , years ago for parts for my Connie... no major problems, The last time... a total nightmare!

I've ordered from them three times this past year and received all three orders within 2 business days. No complaints, but then the items I ordered were obviously in stock.

Lee in the Mountains of Northern California B)

I just remembered something relevant:

The thing that I ordered from them was a Throttlemeister. Since they didn't have it in stock, it was blind shipped directly from the manufacturer. OK, so these Internet store fronts have really low prices because they carry no inventory and have everything blind shipped from a distributor or the manufacturer. No problem. However, there should be some sort of automated system that lets the store know what's happening behind the scenes so that they can handle the customer service part of the sale which is their real value add here. The really good Internet stores all work this way. I got the impression that these guys basically wait for you to tell them that there's a problem and then they email the supplier. If true, this is bad because its reactive and ensures that you're already pissed before the process even starts.

Cheers,

Jim

Oh well live and learn. I didn't order very much. A number of small things totalling about $200. If I get some of it I guess I will have to be satisfied. Or maybe I will be one of the lucky ones.

I hope none of the things is on back order...actually it is coming on to winter here so not much riding time left anyway.

Thanks

gypsy

I have ordered several items from CAS (Starcom1, grips, throttle rocker, all ordered on separate occasions) The order was placed online. I received a confirmation email almost immediately after placing the order. Each item was received within a few days and I have not had a single problem with CAS.

As far as I am concerned I would not hesitate to order from them anytime.

I have removed CST from the list of potential WFO-5 sponsors not because of the shit service, but because of the way the owner operates. I could tell y'all stories about this clown's business ethics (with regard to how he treats vendors) that would make you hair stand on end.

In no way shape, or form would I [SIZE=21pt]EVER[/SIZE] recommend anyone from doing business with this snake-in-the-grass outfit. Ever.

I've ordered a few items over the past couple years and have had no problems whatsoever. If anything, this goes to show that the service is inconsistent. Probably a good thing to ask if the item is in stock and ready to ship before placing the order.

Gypsy,

You'll probably be OK... Probably. I've ordered from them multiple times with no problems. I've ordered back-ordered items and gotten them too. It's my impression that most people who deal with them are satisfied, but they've really pissed some people off. It's kind of a crap shoot; hopefully you'll get lucky.

BTW, I've been over to the store and the owner, his wife, employees, dog, etc. all seem like nice people. Owner even has an FJR. They've just had this problem of pissing people off for a number of years.

I could tell y'all stories about this clown's business ethics (with regard to how he treats vendors) that would make you hair stand on end.
Heh heh heh ,I don't think so...
Been burned by them in the past too, huh, fjrchooser? :D

Yeah, some of the owner's actions have just about bordered on the unethical. Amazing, since the owner is a retired police officer. <_<

The stories about CAST and the first Connie/Russell group buy would turn your hair white.

On a different note: I can't recommend Murph's highly enough. Courteous, quick to ship, keep you informed of what is going on, ask questions if they run into anything that might make your order situation different than when you placed your order, etc. https://www.murphskits.com

Last edited by a moderator: