Caliper Seal Kit Recommendations?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cord

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a seal replacement kit for their front calipers?

If so, any feedback on vendors/quality/price etc?

I have an '06 with a damaged dust/outer seal. May as well do it all and would love some input from those smarter than I.........which is just about everyone.

Thanks,

Cord

I just did mine with OEM parts. No worries about quality, fit, durability, etc. Heck, I wasn't even aware that other options were available...not that I would have considered them.

They list 3 different part numbers for the seal kits. They only say 1 of each but I think you would need two the same for the left side? Not sure. Remember that the linked piston for the right caliper is a different size. Not sure about the other one.

They list 3 different part numbers for the seal kits. They only say 1 of each but I think you would need two the same for the left side? Not sure. Remember that the linked piston for the right caliper is a different size. Not sure about the other one.
I've come across the following part numbers: 3P6-W0047-10-00 and 3P6-W0047-00-00

Both are referred to as Caliper Seal Kit. Is it 4 kits of each or 2 kits of each? I've read different threads that say different things...

Thanks again.

C

Probably you will need to buy three different seal kits from what i see..N.5, N.14,N.16

https://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2006/FJR13ABS+-+FJR13AV/FRONT+BRAKE+CALIPER/parts.html

3P6-W0047-00-00 X1 kits left side caliper

3P6-W0047-20-00 X1 kit Right side caliper Upper.

3P6-W0047-10-00 X1 kit Right side caliper Lower

FRONT_BRAKE_CALIPER_zps52ca7901.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've come across the following part numbers: 3P6-W0047-10-00 and 3P6-W0047-00-00

Both are referred to as Caliper Seal Kit. Is it 4 kits of each or 2 kits of each? I've read different threads that say different things...

Thanks again.

C
As posted above... The right side caliper has two different sized pistons - the one that links to the rear on Gen II is smaller so you need 1 each of two different kits. As far as I can tell, the left side caliper has two pistons (actually two pairs) the same as each other and (I think) you will need two kits for this and is not the same as either piston in the right caliper. Therefore, three different part numbers! What isn't absolutely clear (to me) is the number of seals in each kit. I would assume that one kit is enough to do both the inside and outside of one piston pair. Perhaps someone can confirm this.

Edit to fix left and right!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks again.

C
Tried to find my receipts to be sure, but I must have filed them wrong. However, I'm almost certain this is what I ordered for my 2009 FJR:

1 - 3p6-w0047-00-00. Includes all seals for the entire left caliper

1 - 3p6-w0047-10-00. Includes seals for bottom half of right caliper

1 - 3p6-w0047-20-00. Includes seals for top half of right caliper

Its absolutely unclear from the descriptions. I'm suspicious because the price for the left caliper kit (4 seals?) is exactly the same price as each of the two kits on the right (2 seals each?).

Thanks again.

C
Tried to find my receipts to be sure, but I must have filed them wrong. However, I'm almost certain this is what I ordered for my 2009 FJR:

You are right!I just saw the original Yamaha microfiche that i have.So as you wrote,Will need three seal kits:

If you look at the diagram for the '09, the lines aren't cut off and #5 goes to all seals on that caliper. I get what you're saying about the price, but I'm pretty sure I only ordered one of each three part numbers.

FYI, what you end up with are 12 seals of the same diameter and 4 of a smaller diameter. There are 4 pistons per caliper with two seals (1 oil, 1 dust) per piston. 6 of the pistons are the same size (4 on the left and two on the right), the other two on the right caliper are smaller.

Thanks to all for pitching in. I'm partially glad there's a bit of confusion as now I don't feel so mentally challenged as I approached this thinking 'how hard can it be to order a seal kit?'

Anyway, I'll go with the consensus of 1 seal kit for the 3 different part numbers and if there are any issues with that, I'll post back up again to let future readers know.

thx

C