Calling all Canyon Cagers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunch truck larry

Reaction score
Looking for the best place to mount highway pegs...

Have MCL's highway pegs now - can't imaging riding without them.

Thought it would be easier to fabricate new pegs before mounting.

Any ideas??

It's a personal preference for location, you will need a 7/8" bar clamps. Sit on your bike and see where you want your foot location.

From past experience on a different bike... do NOT mount them along the lower part of "crash" bars. Hit a decreasing radius turn while carrying enough speed and you drag the bracket before you drag anything else.

Lifting the rear tire off the ground and setting it back down about a foot farther to the outside of the corner may give you a better exit line but it will also give you a heart attack while its happening.

fm1431.jpg

I'm in the hunt as well. looking for 7/8 clamps with basic pegs. It'll be some trial and error to fing the best spot.

Yesterday I put my legs across the bend near the fairing and that worked ok. Still need pegs though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks... 36 for shipping. 75 bucks all in including exchange.

Need to find a local dealer.....

Take a look at the BMW highway pegs. I saw them today they swivel and mount on the side crash bar on the BMW 1600. If they will fit the bar on the Canyon Cage it would wrk well