CalSci windscreen install questions....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagger

Reaction score
OK.... my CalSci oversized windscreen is on it's way to my stoop. Now, how do I remove the "W" from the stocker to install the new screen?

I mean.... the blue "W" that seems to hide the bolts/allen head screws that allow us to remove the stocker windshield. Does it just pry off?

Plus... for those who've done so.... any other info I might need?

Thanx in advance folks.

Bagger

OK.... my CalSci oversized windscreen is on it's way to my stoop. Now, how do I remove the "W" from the stocker to install the new screen?
I mean.... the blue "W" that seems to hide the bolts/allen head screws that allow us to remove the stocker windshield. Does it just pry off?

Thanx in advance folks.

Bagger

Nevermind, folks.... I saw the answer to my question on another thread. Couple small screws at the bottom of the "dubbya". I think I can haddle this when the CalSci windscreen shows up.

Thanx, folks for the help here.

BAGER

Thanx in advance folks.

Bagger
I thought that the CalSci wasn't out yet (assuming your an 06 owner)? Where did you order and how much?

Bagger,

I just installed my CeeBaily +2 last night - I realize this is a different brand, but my experience might follow to the CalSci -

The acrylic seems to be a bit thicker - so when you are re-installing the two button-head 3mm hex screws under the "W", you may have to really push in on the 'W' right on the screw hole - otherwise, they may not line up. Can be a bit of a bear. Once you remove the 'W', you'll see what I mean.

My old eyes also required a work light be aimed upward to illuminate the holes -- Just my .02 worth.

I thought that the CalSci wasn't out yet (assuming your an 06 owner)? Where did you order and how much?

I got it from CalSci last week... price was like $185 + $15.95 (?) shipping. Should be here in a day or so. Should do the trick.

BAGGER

I got it from CalSci last week... price was like $185 + $15.95 (?) shipping. Should be here in a day or so. Should do the trick.

BAGGER

Thanks, I'll give them a call

I just received my Cal Sci screen today. Only took about 10min to install. 30 mile test ride went well. I'm 6', and the wind was hitting me in the face, with it all the way down. With it all the way up, I could actually hear the engine, and very little to no wind noise. We have had strong winds up here (So Cal mountains), but even with that, the wind noise was not that bad, and I'm extremely happy with it so far. I commute about 200 miles a day into downtown Los Angeles, and needed something to keep the wind from beating me up. It looks like this will do the trick.

Dan

I just received my Cal Sci screen today. Only took about 10min to install. 30 mile test ride went well. I'm 6', and the wind was hitting me in the face, with it all the way down. With it all the way up, I could actually hear the engine, and very little to no wind noise. We have had strong winds up here (So Cal mountains), but even with that, the wind noise was not that bad, and I'm extremely happy with it so far. I commute about 200 miles a day into downtown Los Angeles, and needed something to keep the wind from beating me up. It looks like this will do the trick.
Dan
Congrats on the windshield. The CalSCI shield has done the trick for me also. I now have 3 shields for the bike and a 4th on the way. I just change them out and keep a log of how they feel at diff speeds and temps. I'm testing the V-stream next.....any input?

Congrats on the windshield. The CalSCI shield has done the trick for me also. I now have 3 shields for the bike and a 4th on the way. I just change them out and keep a log of how they feel at diff speeds and temps. I'm testing the V-stream next.....any input?
FJRChief....

Please let us know how the various screens work regarding buffeting, protection, noise as well as in heat. Some have 'vents' cut in them as well... how do these seem to keep back pressure at speed down, etc.

Thanx... looking forward to your report.

BAGGER

Dan

Did you have the med or the tall??? :dribble:

Did you have the med or the tall??? :dribble:

I have the tall. I found that when the screen is all the way up, the air comes through the vent hole and hits me in the middle of the chest. This is great for these hot days. Once winter comes around, that may not be so good, but we will see. With the screen down, it's the same as the stock screen being in the full up position.....Noisey...for me. Over all though, the ride is a lot quieter than the stock windscreen and real happy with it.

Dan