Calsci windshield install screwup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7xray

Reaction score
Hi All,

I installed the Calsci (large) windshield and had a minor screwup I thought I'd warn folks about. I put the two middle screws back in first (I think, and I don't think I tightened the screws up) and then, because the bottom of the windshield was lifted away from the bottom of the bracket pushed the bottom right corner in. Crack! :( The windshield is OK and I don't think it is any less secure but I'm wondering if I ought to flow some superglue into the crack.

Great windshield and I like it way better than stock.

Cheers,

7X

windsh2.jpg

How do you crack a windshield with breakaway nylon screws?

You sure you didn't hit it with the driver?

A flaw in the sheild you exposed.

It has been my experience that the screws will strip long before any real pressure goes to the shield.

How do you crack a windshield with breakaway nylon screws?
You sure you didn't hit it with the driver?

A flaw in the sheild you exposed.

It has been my experience that the screws will strip long before any real pressure goes to the shield.
Hadn't even gotten to putting the the lower screws. Just pushed it with my fat thumb. The crack is in the narrow part next to one of the square holes. Tried to post a picture but haven't figured that out yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a CalSci and didn't run into this at all. I would suggest a call to the company as this seems like a weak spot on your windscreen.

Herkypilot

Last edited by a moderator:
I too have used a CalSci screen before and never had any such problems with it, in fact this screen is noticeably thicker then OEM so would not expect it to crack so easily - call them up.