Camel Bak

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
My old Camel Bak has done it's deed for over 100,000 miles and countless hiking trips. Time for a replacement. Any suggestions? I want it in the 70 oz range and not too bulky.

Canadian FJR

Don't know what you've used before but I've had many different models and definitely prefer the simpler models. The ones that are backpacks with extra storage seem way overpriced for what you get.

I do a lot of long distance running and hiking. I prefer the 100 ounce bladder and like the Mule for being compact with some storage.

Walmart sells a high quality compact 2-liter unit by Outdoor Productsfor 20.00 .
I use one of these when I ride my mountain bike. On my 2nd. year with it. I slip one of those gel freezer packs (designed to keep thinks cold in a cooler) in between the bladder and the pack and it keeps the water cool most of the day.

I've been using a 3 liter one from MEC for the last few years. If I recall, it was less than $40. I throw in some ice and the water stays cold for a good 6 or 7 hrs.

I was in a camping store last week and was looking at one that was pressurized so all you had to do was pump up the bladder pressure useing a blood pressure cuff type bulb then you bite on the end to allow the flow. Availlable in either 2 or 3L for about $50 cdn.