Carbon Fiber Hexacones on the way...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyronealfonso

Reaction score
So, today I ordered a set of carbon fiber Hexacones for my '08. Its sort of a leap of faith since I have only seen pics of the titanium version installed on the FJR. I'm half tempted to call and switch it to titaniums, but I'm fighting it. From what I was told, the carbon fiber ones are hand-made to order, so it will be a week or two before they get here. Not sure how true that is, but whatever. (I will be getting a PCIII also just as soon as I figure out how to sell that idea to whats-her-face, that chick I live with.)

Anyway, I'll be sure to post pics when they arrive. Until then, does anyone have pics or even seen this version installed on a black FJR? I've read all the threads about Hexacones but new thoughts/opinions are always welcome.

Keep an eye on the CF when you first get them. Some of the early titanium Hexacones had bubbling problems on the CF portions of the exhaust.

No pictures, but I did make a video of the Hexacones if you haven't heard them yet:

How much were they I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of those.

She can be hard to buy gifts for. Believe it or not, she wouldn't be interested in either suggestion. (not in to high dollar clothes, and not in to... uhh... machinery)

I'm the only one thats easy to please around here, so I'll just stick with that. lol.... I probly should save the link to that lawyer advice thread tho.

Anyways, Maxmoto has them for $998 and offered me the standard 10% off. The place I normally take my bike said they could beat that by at additional 5% so we're probly looking at around $850.

Keep an eye on the CF when you first get them. Some of the early titanium Hexacones had bubbling problems on the CF portions of the exhaust.

No pictures, but I did make a video of the Hexacones if you haven't heard them yet:

Thanks for posting that video on youtube, btw. I came across it a few days ago and it was a factor in my decision. I saw the other thread about the bubbling of the carbon fiber and I'm glad to see that Remus rectified the problem. (which was another plus for the company)