Carbone Lorraine Brake Pads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
Any suggestions where I can buy these;

Carbone Lorraine SBK5 for front and RX3 for rear

Local dealers have no idea on what I'm asking for.

Thanks,

Canadian FJR

Got mine on ebay cheaper than most, but I had to buy rear from one vendor and fronts from another. I saw an online dealer someplace a couple of days ago...... I'll see if I can remember where and let you know.

I got some sets when there were discount coupons for them. Buy 1 set, get the other free. I ordered something like 3 sets (get 6) and haven't had to buy any since.

How much better are they over stock? Are they louder, have more dust ect... Just wanting to hear what you guys think of them that keeps you coming back?

I bought a set of the Carbone Lorraine pads (during the group buy of SS brakelines and pads) nye many years ago. While the pads performed, in my opinion, on par with the OEM, I didn't notice any improvement over the stock pads. What I did notice was that the Carbone Lorraine wore out appreciably quicker. After wearing out the Carbone Lorraines' I ended up putting the originals back on (they had good 'meat' left on them) and they are still working to this day. This, just my experience; while personal usuages may vary, perhaps the Carbone Lorraine do perform better under certain circumstances (but not for me).

I replaced my original pads about two weeks ago with EBC Sintered Double-H pads front and rear. Since the nI've ridden about 1000miles and there is a noticeable improvement in braking performance.

I have tried Carbone Lorraines in the past and found them to be AWFUL!!!!! Poor initial bite and fade at the end of lever travel. Granted this is on an 06 R6 race bike being used at track speeds but what better way to test them. I use SBS RS race pads and they are AEWSOME!!! i am also running HEL Braided lines front and rear.

Apples & oranges..................FJR & R6

I really like them for aggressive riding. I just ordered another set last week.

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried Carbone Lorraines in the past and found them to be AWFUL!!!!! Poor initial bite and fade at the end of lever travel. Granted this is on an 06 R6 race bike being used at track speeds but what better way to test them. I use SBS RS race pads and they are AEWSOME!!! i am also running HEL Braided lines front and rear.
WHICH Cabone Lorraine's

Last edited by a moderator:
WHICH Cabone Lorraine's

SBK5 and C55. The C55 was Better than the SBK5.....but still not a fan of them.