Cardo Scalarider G9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What wireless intercom works best for you?

• Uclear Digital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Motorcycle audio

• Other

• Total voters

Madmudder

Tim
Reaction score
I am curios to know how some of the other people feel about your Scala G9

I feel they have a very poor product. I ride with 4 other riders who all decided to purchase the G9 we had many issues last season and spoke with Cardo on numerous occasions. We even went as far as making notes for each individual unit boxed them all together and sent them back to Cardo in January 2015. We were told they would be thoroughly tested and returned. We indicated that no rush was necessary but to please evaluate thoroughly. When I got a return tracking number 3 days later and figured they found the issues and all was good. This was not the case, this past weekend 3 of us had the opportunity to test them rider and passenger & rider configuration. one sounded like he was talking through a fan and volume of each was all over the place despite moving mics around.

I called Cardo for feedback and was informed the best they could do was offer me another RMA I was beside myself we just got them back and the first use we had issues.

I no longer have any faith In Cardo and I am miserably disappointed in the customer service. Having just coordinated all the units to be offered at the same time with detailed notes of issues with each unit and nothing done to correct them. Then asked to send them all back insured again at my expense was over the top. This after my unit in particular went back 3 times last year.

If nothing else I hope this information helps anyone considering purchasing an intercom system. Sena https://www.sena.com/promo/20s%C2https://www.uclear-digital.com/ are much better alternatives.

Wife and I are using the Sena SMH-10 units and have been very happy. We had one issue when we first started using them and I initially thought it was just her doing something wrong as she is technology impaired. Switched units with her and it had problems. Contacted Sena, sent it back, they replaced it promptly. I like the fact we can charge while using. Big advantage in my book.

If you breeze thru the vast amount of Forums on this subject, you're going to find many of unhappy peeps (with every single brand). If you have a "flaky" one, it's going to make you voice-up for sure, and it seems just about all of them have complaints.

BT in general is not what I would call 'stable'. Maybe in another Gen or two, but it seems more than naught, ship happens and connections get broken or even lost all together. Re-pairing/Re-Setting for some... is just a way of life.

So we have 2 working frequencies in these units. RF for Bike to Bike, then BT for many of assorted connections like ipods, phones and GPS'. I know the FCC has allocation for these frequencies, but somehow the Mfgr's of these devices just don't have a solid and constant relationship with it yet.

I have (or had) both Sena, Cardo. Actually I have had fairly good luck with both, well, at least compared to all the problems I read everywhere. For me, the technology is just not there yet. Kind of like cell phones when they first came out (analog). Going to digital was an experience as well, but it got ironed out eventually, now I'd say if you have cell coverage, you have a dependable device.

Waiting...........

No experience with Cardo, but our SMH-10 so far have been flawless. Both units link to our phones quickly and have never lost the BT link. Comms are outstanding and used in conjunction with the 20s have had 5+ riders linked together...once we figured out the sequence.

I'll definitely upgrade to the 20s at some time in the future.

YMMV

--G