Cardo Wireless Q2 --> TeamSet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoltar

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just buy Q2 Scala Rider from Carrdo and one TeamSet.

I have successfully paired Q2s and phone, but i cant pair any headset from the teamset to Q2.

Maybe someone know is it possible ? Or maybe i have to buy third Q2 ?

I want to talk with my wife on the other bike and my son on my bike.

Hi,
I have just buy Q2 Scala Rider from Carrdo and one TeamSet.

I have successfully paired Q2s and phone, but i cant pair any headset from the teamset to Q2.

Maybe someone know is it possible ? Or maybe i have to buy third Q2 ?

I want to talk with my wife on the other bike and my son on my bike.
I use that model myself. I think you can link to another bike but the range is minimal. I bought mine to talk to my Wife on the back. It was driving me nuts with here pounding on me and hollering when she saw something she wanted me to see. They work great for that and using the bluetooth feature with the phone.

Well, i want to talk with other bike with Q2, they said that range is 500m about 1500ft.

My son riding as my passanger and i want to mount him one from the teamset and connect it to my Q2. But i cant..... Iam afraid that i have to buy 3rd Q2...

Last edited by a moderator:
The rider set of the Teamset will pair to a phone, don't know about another device like paring to a Q2. The passenger headset of the Teamset is not an independant Bluetooth device, it will ONLY talk to the Teamset rider. The rider can patch the passenger into a phone call that's in progress, but the rider remains on the call, and the passenger cannot initiate a phone call. The passenger can initiate intercom, that's it.

Go to their website if you have any issues. I also have the Q2 and it works fine, except I don't use it to communicate between bikes.

Scala Q2 Info

MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS

* To a Mobile Phone – receive incoming calls by voice command and initiate calls by one-button push and voice command

* To a GPS unit – receive audio instructions via headset

* To other SCALA RIDER Q2 Headsets – Communicate in parallel with up to two other SCALA RIDER Q2 headsets within a range of up to -

500 m / 1,640 ft.*

* Communicate with a SCALA RIDER headset within range of 10 m / 33 ft.

* To the embedded FM Radio

* Only in wide open terrain. In urban surroundings the range is approximately 800 ft. / 250 m

Fully Backward Compatible with SCALA RIDER® headsets

^^^^^^ Combining that post with mine, I should say that the rider headset in the Teamset behaves as a SCALA RIDER. From what I've seen, the Teamset is basically a SCALA RIDER with a crippled headset (that only sees the rider set) for the passenger to wear for intercom.

If you do succeed in pairing the Q2 with the Teamset rider set, your range will be limited enough to be useless for bike to bike. How long can you stay within 30 feet of another bike out on the road?

If you do succeed in pairing the Q2 with the Teamset rider set, your range will be limited enough to be useless for bike to bike. How long can you stay within 30 feet of another bike out on the road?
Success!

I have successfuly paired TEAMSET Driver headset ( passenger headset has limited funcionality ) with Q2, today we will test it on the road, but I think You have rigt, I should buy 3 Q2 or 2 Q2 and one scala rider, but i thought that teamset is exatctly like 2 scala riders. I will sell teamset and buy one more Q2 or scala rider.

Thanks

I Bought 2 Q2's, One for me, one for my passenger. Considered the Teamset headset but it has limited function and range.

Q2 on its own has exceptional range rider to rider or rider to passenger. Plus you get a FM radio to boot! Nice.

When using cell phone function music stops you hear a nice tone melody and any audible response will answer the phone.

Its tuned to reject wind noise, my son cant tell im riding at 70mph when on the phone, he has to ask. Simply Amazing!

Success!

I have successfuly paired TEAMSET Driver headset ( passenger headset has limited funcionality ) with Q2, today we will test it on the road, but I think You have rigt, I should buy 3 Q2 or 2 Q2 and one scala rider, but i thought that teamset is exatctly like 2 scala riders. I will sell teamset and buy one more Q2 or scala rider.

Thanks
Scala Rider will still have the limited range. If you want to STAY in touch, get another Q2. Still, I'm not sure how many pairings can stay active at one time. If you have a music device or Bluetooth GPS, it might have to get kicked out to make room for the 3rd Q2. I dunno for sure.

It was driving me nuts with her pounding on me and hollering when she saw something she wanted me to see.
Funny, it's usually me who drives my wife nuts with all the pounding and hollering. Whatever floats your boat though! :p