CB/Radio & Mount for '07 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mutha1300

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for a CB/Radio and mounting hardware for the 2007 AE??

I called J & M and their mount for the FJR won't work with the clutchless model..

Any help would be appreciated..

Does anyone have a suggestion for a CB/Radio and mounting hardware for the 2007 AE??I called J & M and their mount for the FJR won't work with the clutchless model..

Ram makes all kinds of stuff. You could use a stem mount, etc. I put my RINO on a "handlebar mount", which required removing a small bit of the shift button housing and sealing it with RTV. 10K+ miles later, no problemo!

RAMUBoltFront.JPG

I would send an e-mail via their web site & address the need. I suspect they would develope a mount for the AE. Offer to be a beta tester. In the mean time can you fashion something with one of their conventional mounts and a couple of radiator clamps? Stop by your local machine shop or welding shop to see what they can do. Best of luck.

edit. rocket was quicker than me. Yes something with the ram mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a suggestion for a CB/Radio and mounting hardware for the 2007 AE??I called J & M and their mount for the FJR won't work with the clutchless model..

Ram makes all kinds of stuff. You could use a stem mount, etc. I put my RINO on a "handlebar mount", which required removing a small bit of the shift button housing and sealing it with RTV. 10K+ miles later, no problemo!

RAMUBoltFront.JPG

You could also go with an Autocom or Starcom system instead of the J&M.
Thanks for all the replies... What set-up do you have from Autocom?? i.e. what products did you purchase??

Lotta different stuff to be had... The easiest set-up the better... Course if it was all easy I wouldn't be asking.. :help:

I use an Autocom Active 7 with a Midland 75-822 portable CB. I have it mounted on a bracket I custom made that also holds a Midland GMRS radio. Since both radios use the same plug, it's very simple to operate both units by plugging the Autocom plug into either one. Both units work well with the Autocom PPT switch.

Not to mention the Autocom is leaps and bounds ahead of all the others in sound quality.

I use this one...

75-822a.jpg

It's a fraction of the price of the J&M, works MUCH better, and is more versatile. Use it in your car/truck too.

Personally, I never liked an "all in one" unit. One thing breaks and you do without the whole thing. At least you can still use the Autocom if the Midland craps out. Most important, you can buy an Autocom AND a Midland CB for less than the J&M. Now you'd have more system flexability.