cee bailey +4+2 flip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucky

Reaction score
got my new windshield installed yesterday on the 08 ae. rode about 50 miles..solo. here is my first impressions:

1. cut turbulence and noise around the helmet by maybe 2/3+, very noticable

2. cut turbulence around my torso by maybe half, somewhat less noticable

3. noticed occasional side turbulence (little ambient wind conditions) which tended to mildly push me left or right..very slight

4. i am 5'9" (on a good day) and a 30" inseam. with the shield all the way up it completely blocked open view of the road to the horizon

5. seemed to be negligible difference in turbulence/noise anywhere from 2/3 up to full up, so keeping the shield low enough to not look thru it at about 60' in front of me seems like the best riding position. in city traffic, full down works fine.

6. full down is about the same height as full up in the stock shield

conclusion: this is the first and last shield i am willing to buy, unless a manufacturer is willing to send me a free 7 day no questions asked trial, they pay shipping both ways unless I buy it. and the reasons i say that are that i am convinced after reading all (and I mean all) the talk on this site where everybody has their favorite, etc, that given the dynamic variables of riding into a 60-100 mph blast of air and all the vortexes that creates, different size riders with or w/o passenger, speed, wind directions and speed and everything else, that there is never one windscreen that will be perfect. not never. kind of like finding the perfect wife/girlfriend..very elusive and always someone out there that thinks they have the answer for the perfect one.

one final note. i got the light gray tint. very nice and not overdone. all in all, glad I took the step and got rid of the stock shield.

just my 2 1/2 cents

Maybe some manufacturer some day will do some wind tunnel tests add smoke for a visual and make it easier to see what can be expected. :blink:

Did you purchase the CB +4w/+2h w/flip, gray...

or the CB +2w/+4h w/flip, gray?

It makes a difference to people reading your post.

BTW, NEVER say never! If you live in a warmer climate area, you may find yourself buying a second CB shield with smaller dimensions for summer use. I love my CeeBailey products and find them an incredible vendor. Great folks to deal with!

Maybe some manufacturer some day will do some wind tunnel tests add smoke for a visual and make it easier to see what can be expected. :blink:
And they should include all the different height people and their different types of helmets. Oh wait that's not practical... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
And they should include all the different height people and their different types of helmets. Oh wait that's not practical... :(
And not necessary if one knew how the air stream was directed, the height of the stream above the seat for the particular size screen, one could probably make a better decision as to how far in or out of the stream they would like to be. Helmet choice, well that's another issue. Though I never would, I understand there are some who actually go without a helmet.

And not necessary if one knew how the air stream was directed, the height of the stream above the seat for the particular size screen, one could probably make a better decision as to how far in or out of the stream they would like to be. Helmet choice, well that's another issue. Though I never would, I understand there are some who actually go without a helmet.
I disagree. I run a vstream and think it is great for me a 6'2". But guys shorter than me who look through the screen say it causes turbulence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. I run a vstream and think it is great for me a 6'2". But guys shorter than me who look through the screen say it causes turbulence.

I'm 2 inches shorter than Johnny.

The V-Stream can cause a small bit of turbulence for me based on other factors such as wind speed and direction. That's when it's all the way up for me. I'm still looking over the scren at this point. Excellent position for around town, though I prefer full down for higher speeds as the airflow is nice and clean over my shoulders and around my helmet. :)

How about a pillion any input?? :huh:

meant the +4(height)+2(width). guess i thought that was the standard way to refer to their dimensions without the notations.