Cee Bailey the bomb!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salish1300

Reaction score
So I'm 6'2" and have the seat on the high setting with MV bar risers. Man I'm loving my position. On long trips though, cruising at 70, the wind was too much from the stock shield. Even all the way up, the wind hit me at the neck. So I bought the Cee Bailey and wow, what a difference. Now down low, I will still get some summer breeze, but up high, my head is fully protected. And it just looks so cool with that reverse swoop.

My bike is getting so damn comfortable that I may be sleeping on it soon!
rolleyes.gif

While your enthusiasm is wonderful and I am sure we are all glad that you are happy, you are not being helpful.
uhoh.gif

Can you please tell us which Cee Bailey shield you bought? Size, (Height and Width) and tint color along with some pics would do wonders for the usefulness of this thread.
smile.png
I know on the Gen3 the Cee Bailey is only available in reverse contour.

FWIW, I am very happy with my Sport shield in the dark gray tint. It is actually much darker than this pic shows.

Try adjusting the exposure compensation down a stop
biggrin.png

Just trying to help.

ps ... Nice bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the gunmetal grey. Although I am sure that wasn't very helpfull.
no.gif
Well with 54 post the OP is still new here. I will cut him some slack.

Dave

I did cut the OP some slack, that is why I put the smileys (
smile.png
) in there to let him know I was not being mean.

Thanks for the compliment about the color, I am loving the '15. If I ever get a day off I will start installing all the expensive things I have bought for it. I have not had time to install the wonderful BigFoot on my side stand and that should be very quick and easy. One day soon...

Salish 1300

You were lucky to find the right windscreen on your first try.

I have a CB reverse flip and love it as well.

Enjoy

Ok, Ok, don't get pesky
uhoh.gif
I don't have a photo but I can tell you it is the tallest one, based on their specs for a guy my size, I think 23". And it is clear. And they only make the reverse swoop for the 14. I went clear because I already live in a place that is fairly dark 4-5 months a year in winter. I didn't see any need for opacity. I pop on glasses in summer anyway, as I like riding with the visor up at slow speeds.

I considered the few other models out there and decided on the Cee because of reviews here and liking the reverse swoop.

And yeah, I'll have to remember to get the kickstand down before nodding off next time
no2.gif

I got the medium reverse flip on the 15 - its pretty good, should have gone a bit higher and wider.

I did notice on yesterdays 200 mile ride that it gets wiggly with bigger vehicles around, especially semi's.

I'm kinda wishing it was a bit thicker and more rigid... but I do like it... Had a CalSci on the 05 which served me really well... didn't seem as wiggly to me...

I too just bought the Cee Baileys - plus 2 and 2 clear and still can't believe how much better it is compared to the stock Yamaha touring windscreen (Same size)

The dark sport shield worked for me as well as Redfish. On the sport shield the reverse swoop is not as prominent as on the taller ones like the one I had on my 08, but it still gets the job done for me!

The dark sport shield worked for me as well as Redfish. On the sport shield the reverse swoop is not as prominent as on the taller ones like the one I had on my 08, but it still gets the job done for me!
And getting the job done is the only job!

It is worth noting that the Gen 3 bikes already have a head start with their wind management. We were on our 3rd aftermarket shield with Dad's Gen2 bike before we found perfection. Dad thought my Gen 3 was excellent with the stock shield (I did too) and cautioned against swapping shields because it was already so good.

I have 2 Cee Bailey's that I swap depending on the weather. A +4+4 Reverse flip for cooler weather and a +2+2 normal for the summer. I like the reverse flip a lot but our southeast summers are way to hot for me to use it. Even all the way down it deflects too much.

I have found, for those new to the barn door reverse flips, that the mount screws will come loose the first time or two you use it. No biggie, just snug them up a couple times and they'll be fine. Anyone else find this to be true?

I have 2 Cee Bailey's that I swap depending on the weather. A +4+4 Reverse flip for cooler weather and a +2+2 normal for the summer. I like the reverse flip a lot but our southeast summers are way to hot for me to use it. Even all the way down it deflects too much.
I have found, for those new to the barn door reverse flips, that the mount screws will come loose the first time or two you use it. No biggie, just snug them up a couple times and they'll be fine. Anyone else find this to be true?
Similar shield set-up that I use 'nail. Winter is a 4/3 flip and summer a 2/2 flip...my summers are probably a bit cooler than yours! Changing shields twice a year, I've never found any loose screws yet - well, expect the one in the seat.
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

I have the largest Cee Bailey for my '14. It's great. I switched back to the Yamaha touring screen when it got warmer, but I think I'm going back to the CB and will just run it lower. I got the light tint. Would've gone with the dark tint if I had it to do over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went highest and widest, and it's great. Mine gets uber wiggly around big vehicles and in heavy crosswinds, freaked me out at first. Mostly because it feels like a low or flat tire to me.

should have gone a bit higher and wider.
gets wiggly with bigger vehicles around, especially semi's.

I'm kinda wishing it was a bit thicker and more rigid... but I do like it... Had a CalSci on the 05 which served me really well... didn't seem as wiggly to me...