Cee Baileys Problem Resolved

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogus

Reaction score
Thought I would put in a plug for the exceptional customer service that I recieved from Cee Baileys. I ordered a +2 high, standard width dark gray reverse flip windshield on Dec. 17th, and received it on the 21st. Already exceptional. When I installed it on the bike, I knew something wasn't right. The "W" trim did not fit right. It was really loose, especially on the left side. Upon further inspection, I found that where the winshield is routed out for the trim's hooks was very thin, as shown in the photos.

Bottom left

DSC01296.jpg

Top left

DSC01297.jpg

I immediately started to document the problem with these pictures, and sent an e-mail to Cee Baileys that evening voicing my concern, and asked that I get a replacement shield, and return shipping for the defective one. After I got home from work today, the 22nd, I recieved an e-mail from Cee Baileys. In short, it said that they would be sending a replacement shield based on the pics that I sent along, and to send the defective one to the recycling bin!! I already have the same shield ordered from them last year, only in clear, and knew that it worked well for me. The only reason that I got the dark gray one is because of some windfall BD money that had to be spent frivolously.

I thought that I would get good customer service from Cee Baileys from posts on this site, was surprised that it all happened so fast, and with little hassle. Kudos to this company, and the winshield DOES look good on the Raven! (Crappy dark in the garage winter shot!)

DSC01298.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear your problem was resolved. I'll be ordering a cee bailey's here in the near future. I've been holding out to see if a group buy pops up. May try to get one going myself.

My experience with them was much the same. I ordered a +4, +2 for my '05 and tried to install it, figuring out very quickly that it was actually drilled for a second generation bike. I had a longer trip approaching and really wanted this shield.

I called them, and though it took a bit of explaining to a couple of different people, they actually shipped a replacement before they'd received my return of the wrong shield. It was handled very, very fairly and I was grateful. I endorse them and will definitely order from them again when needed.