Cee Bailey's shield for the '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

FJamR

Recieved the two "ice blue" screens for my '06 on Tuesday. I ordered one stock height + 4" wider and the other 4" taller & 4" wider.

I took off the stock one and compared it to the sock height and 4" wider one. I didn't measure it but it must be about two inches taller than the stock shield. I've riden the bike everyday on my 70 mile round trip to work all week. Not really happy with the buffeting which seems to be greater at the lowest position. BTW my cruising speed seems to be around 90mph. This morning it was foggy and a little drizzly throgh the pass so I raised it for the first time and the back pressure was pulling the drizzle forward that was initialy deflected. It fit perfectly and is of excellent quality, but don't really like it. I do really like the tint of it though. I have not tried the other shield. I am tempted to cut down the supposed "stock" height shield from Bailey's, to truly stock height. The only reason I bought the other taller shield was for riding with "her". I am thinking that I am not going to like it because it follows the same arc as the stocker and will be pushing air directly at my head. Time will tell.

I really don't have any experience with shields on bikes,as the FJR is the first bike I've owned with one. Even though I've been riding for the last 18 years, so maybe my opinion isn't worth much in the matter . What do they say about "opinions"; they are like A-holes, everybody's got one and they usually stink. :bye:

Of all the screens I've tried ( 5 ) the Cee Bailey was the least satisfying. I had the +4+3 mounted on an '05 model. The back pressure was nothing short of horrendous. As you say, different strokes for different folks ....and I'll pass on the Cee Bailey stuff.

I've got a cee bailey's 4+2 and like it.

I think you should probably try it in differrent positions to find your sweet spot.

Depending on your riding position and your height these shields will give differing air flow.