Cee Baileys tinted sport windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogus

Reaction score
Got the Cee Baileys dark tinted sport wind screen yesterday. Installed today and took it for a test spin. At the lowest level there is a smooth stream of air that hits you about forehead level, and at the highest level I am "almost" in a still pocket of air. Very happy with the results..This screen is 1" higher than stock, and has a barely perceptible "reverse contour" at the top. Also gone is the back pressure when the screen is all the way up, so I think Yamaha finally got the air management right.It looks like it may be just a bit wider than stock as well. I am 5'10"ish with a 30" inseam for reference.

DSC00691_zpsf1c0d4d0.jpg

DSC00687_zpsbdf8b81f.jpg

By the way, here is a pic of the 08 at the same location when it was new with the Cee Baileys +2 reverse contour wind screen.

2011-11-30_13-56-59_409_zpsce35f657.jpg

I am confused. You noted, " Yamaha finally got the air management right." So how does changing wind screen change air management beyond the wind screen? What does Yamaha got to do with this?

If you have read anything about the Genlll's, you will note that they have changed the venting under the wind screen to reduce buffeting and back pressure. If you have ever seen the difference between the Genll's and the Genlll's, venting around the wind screen it would be obvious that the changes were substantial. I guess I should have clarified that my 14's stock wind screen in conjunction with the improved venting was MUCH better than on my 08 with the stock screen. I mainly got the Cee Baileys for cosmetic reasons (tinted), but was pleased that it also improved the air flow around me.