Cee Baily vs Post Office

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
My new CeeBaily, which was ordered Dec. 14th., arrived yesterday. I have a +6+4 reverse flip and could not be happier. Mounted and rode, screen met all expectations. I am 6'0 with a 30ish inseam. Logic was less I had to raise it for my needs, the less strain on the bracketry so now I can go from fresh air to no earplugs and water resistant with a flick of the switch. Looks like a barn door when fully up but the stock screen is alway available. Baily had a minor equip. issue over the holidays so after delay it was shipped via the post office to expedite. It was posted Mon. the 11th, rep stated I should have it by the end of the week so I left the driveway gate open thurs. fri. and sat. cause uncle Sam would need to deliver to the front door. No screen, considered calling Baily but decided to make contact with mail carrier. Waited outside Tues afternoon till here comes the little truck, carrier smiles, hands me my mail and says a friendly hello and how are things going at which time I tell him and ask him to check for a pkg. addressed to me. Low and behold in the back of the van is a large pkg addressed to me. He did not know who put it in "his" van but he had no knowledge of it being there. Yee Gods folks and we should want the Gov. running our medical.

Good that you received the shield in one piece Jim. You're going to love it! I've got a story to tell you about my latest tire delivery...and how the (no-name) service couldn't find the house... :lol: With as many attempts as they made, they lost their shirt on this one.

--G

I got the +4 +4 with flip. LOVE IT. No ear plugs needed. I think the power windshield is one of the things I like most about the FJR. I can't believe how much I move it during a ride. When things are exciting I tend to sit up and the screen then goes up. On long boring straight roads (plenty out west) I get tired and slump and screen goes down etc.

I think it does affect gas mileage. That is a pretty big barn door being push down the road at frequently high speeds. But who gives a rats a$$ about mpg?

Personally I like my 4"H 2"W Jim. I'm 6"2",and fully extended I see over the top and still here my I-Pod just fine, I can go lock to lock with my handle bars and that's with V-Strom hand guards on also.

In the summer heat (if we have any) I go back to the stock wind screen and turn the tune's up or go with-out.

As far as the Postal Service goes, I'm a happy camper. I've shipped stuff to the guys here on the forum and everything has arrived, for the little they charge I have no complaints.

If you want to complain, go north and pay their rate's! And remember poop happens (sometime's it's even baby poop) and like old John Prine says "that's the worst kind".

Oh and don't mind me, I've had a double or two!

Night.