Cee Baily's or National cycle windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't offer anything on the National Cycle shield, but many like it. The big selling point for me on the Cee Baily is , you can pick your own height and width. The NC (V-steam?) is one size only.

The Cee Baily can also be ordered with a reverse "flip" at the top, which is very popular here. I have the CB 4X4 (4 inches higher and 4 inches wider than stock) and am very happy with it.

I'm 5'9" with a 30 inseam.

KM

I have a CB +4 x +2 with the reverse flip. It works just fine. I am 6 ft. and old. I need the protection. I switch back and forth between the original and the CB but it really is up to you as to what will work. Good luck in choosing.

Here's one vote for the VStream. I'm 6' 4" with a 35" inseam and it offers all the protection I need. Way way way superior to stock. With it all the way down I get less noise and turbulence than the stock screen in any position. With it all the way up it's nice and quiet and calm. Very happy with it. I especially liked the price compared to CeeBailey and I didn't have to guess what height and width to order.

If you had either one or both please comment on which you like better.
I have tried several larger windshields and recently bought the Cee Bailey's large flip. It works really well in both cutting the wind and reducing the noise level. I'm 6'3" and the extra height and the flip makes a big difference. I will put my shorter windshield back on for the summer, but for winter it's great. Bob

I've had both. The CB was +4 and was too turbulent (I'm 5'11", 32" inseam). I swtiched to a VStream and it's much nicer .. except when it's hot.

I've also had both, on the Gen I, and prefer my current CB MonsterFlow to the V-Stream.

First off, ignore any comment from Gen I riders because their bikes are different in the air management department. Also everyone has different body dimensions and riding positions, so what works for me might not work for you. I'm 5'11" with 32" inseam and ride in a slouched position. I also have spacers installed on my shield mounting.

I have a 07 and I hated the stock shield. Too much buffeting when raised, although it was OK all the way down. But for cold winter and rain riding, I wanted more wind protection. Spacers helped, but not nearly enough.

I bought a Vstream and it works great for winter riding. Good wind/rain protection and calm air when raised (unless I'm following behind some vehicles that really boil the air). It's just too big for summer use, so I also bought a Cee Bailey +2 high (+0 width) with flip shield. The CB works great, looks great and is my shield of choice for most of the year (except winter). I still get calm air when raised, but can get lots of airflow for hot summer use. If I had to only have one shield, this CB would be it.

First off, ignore any comment from Gen I riders because their bikes are different in the air management department. Also everyone has different body dimensions and riding positions, so what works for me might not work for you. I'm 5'11" with 32" inseam and ride in a slouched position. I also have spacers installed on my shield mounting.
I have a 07 and I hated the stock shield. Too much buffeting when raised, although it was OK all the way down. But for cold winter and rain riding, I wanted more wind protection. Spacers helped, but not nearly enough.

I bought a Vstream and it works great for winter riding. Good wind/rain protection and calm air when raised (unless I'm following behind some vehicles that really boil the air). It's just too big for summer use, so I also bought a Cee Bailey +2 high (+0 width) with flip shield. The CB works great, looks great and is my shield of choice for most of the year (except winter). I still get calm air when raised, but can get lots of airflow for hot summer use. If I had to only have one shield, this CB would be it.
So are you saying that in the full "down" position, the Vstream is still too high for summer?

So are you saying that in the full "down" position, the Vstream is still too high for summer?
It's mainly a problem due to the extra width, although it does block more airflow over the top than the CB or the stock shield. Air blowing across my arms also directs more air onto the torso, so the end result is more cooling. I need all the air I can get when we are in the middle of summer and the temps get into the 80's. :D Gotta rub it in for all those southern weenies that are baking in the summer, but love to point out their warm temps all winter! :lol: